One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format...

paul.robinson

ERROR message:

One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created.

Hi Guys

I am using AutoCAD 2009 LT. I am having trouble saving my updates to an existing drawing. When I try to save to the network I get the above error message. However I can save straight to my desktop.

I also have a problem that whenever I open a file it opens a read only copy.

Any suggestions? Let me know if I need to give any more details.

Regards,

Paul

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paul.robinson

• ReMark

• KORBER

• Panavia22

Yes the drawing if from the network. I have raised the issue with work but a solution hasn't been identified yet. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

I have just experienced the same problem (getting the same exact error message) and I haven't been able to figure the problem out as well. This is what I know though, it seems that I get the same error message when I try to save a new file that I have opened through qnew - the template set to open. Now if I were to just open up the template file itself through the network I don’t get the error message.

I thought maybe it was something with the template file, so I re-directed it to a different template file and the same problem occurs. I don’t know if this is an AutoCAD glitch or something else. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys

Just had a similar problem and found the solution to my problem was

The original file was on a usb memory stick

I had removed the memory stick to transfer some other files elsewhere so when I tried to save the cad file to its original location the original location of the file was missing.

When the usb stick was returned to the pc the file could find its original location and saved itself properly

Hope that helps

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm experiencing a similar problem when trying to save changes:

"unable to save in (network directory). Saved in temp file".

this started about 2 weeks ago when i received a file that was created from Autocad 2010. I had created 2 drawing files, but 50 .tmp files were created from these.

A real nuisance.

Now, when working in a file created in Autocad LT 2006, i have experienced the same, within the past 2 days.

Other tech people suggested upgrading. Well, in this economy, that may not be feasible. Are there any cheap fixes?

thanks in advance

• 5 weeks later...

Hi!

I have tryed several solutions on this problem, the one that seems to work best is to do the "purge" command.

It gives you the error because it can't save to the location specified.

You said it DOES save locally to your desktop. Check with your Network IT people to ensure you have read and WRITE permissions in the specified network location.

You can test it by going to the directory directly (through "my network" ) and try to right-click on the interior of the folder, and select "New" and make a folder.

If you can make the folder, you have write permissions, if not, you need to get permission. It's not about trust, it's about permitting you to do your job.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Audit was what I was going to suggest... My 2010 (just upgraded to 2012, so a whole new set of problems) was doing this to me every time I "Stationed" a line; was unable to save, told me "no file has been created". But if I ran Audit and said Yes, fix errors, it would then save my drawing.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had the same problem, but I found a solution.

Just save the file with extension DXF.

Then open the DXF file and save it back to DWG.

Or try to export the file, but then it will bind all references which is not good.

• 3 months later...
file ---> drawind utilities ---> Audit ---> (fix errors) Yes....

Runnig Audit on the drawind fixed it for me.:D

I'm using AutoCAD 2012 and this is the only thing that worked for me, perfect. Thanks.

• 1 year later...