Make 2d command and inaccuracy in modelling in rhino

sinanp

Hi

Relatively new to Rhino and a couple of questions, I have a model that is pretty complicated, in retrospect too complicated but I haven't got time to redo it and struggling to get some 2d drawings out of the model using the make2d command, I set up the internal view I need and start the make 2d command, still by the following morning it hasn't finished! Is there a quicker/ better way to extract info?

Also strangely on a file I am working the accuracy in positioning has gone a bit bonkers compared to previous rhino files I worked on. For example with the snaps on, say end snap I position the polyline over the end of another polyline, but it snaps mysteriously off to one site, shifting around as I move the mouse but never on the end point as it used to, when I click to complete it kind of ends up starting the new polyline from the end of the existing polyline but not always, sometimes off to one side. I had a look at the options compared to earlier files that were fine but can't see any changes. Any ideas?

thanks

Hi

Relatively new to Rhino and a couple of questions, I have a model that is pretty complicated, in retrospect too complicated but I haven't got time to redo it and struggling to get some 2d drawings out of the model using the make2d command, I set up the internal view I need and start the make 2d command, still by the following morning it hasn't finished! Is there a quicker/ better way to extract info?

thanks

Try setting your view and then zooming way out before you start the make2D command.

That should speed it up considerably.

make2d takes ages and comes out illegible if you're making2d objects that extend outside of the viewport (especially interior views). to get around this you need to crop the objects to the viewport frame. not sure if this is affecting what you're attempting.. hope it helps anyhow.

whilst in the viewport you want to make2d type: camera show

then in another viewport draw points connecting the points that define the view. draw surfaces connecting the points. scale the surfaces up. use the surfaces to split the objects that extend through them.