Lisp for switching multiple layers...?

Rsblades

Here's the scenario:

- Let's say i recieve a file from.. idk an architect.. and i want all of their standard wall, dimension, text, sanitary, water, etc. layers changed to my own standard layers. I know i could go through and do the qselect and select all the individual layers and change each one to my own standard layer, but is there a way to make a lisp that i could run that either changes all their standard layers to mine Or that i could select each of their layers and swap each one to mine all in one routine?

- Same thing applies to text styles.. is there a lisp that can change their standard styles to mine?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rsblades

• ReMark

• jelenacadd

• lpseifert

Thanks, the laymrg works great. I tried loading the txtmrg but i cant seem to get it to run, it comes up with the error

"Macro name: txtmrg.dvb!RuntimeEvents.stylemerge

Macro not found."

any suggestions to this?

• 8 months later...

I looked for this solution, found it on this thread, downloaded the .zip file, loaded it into AutoCAD 2010 (both .dvb and .lsp files), and it worked like a charm.

Thanks, gentlemen!

• 7 months later...

great lsp! worked like a charm.

just curious though, does anyone know why a text style might be embedded in a block, even though all the text within the block is of a different style?

The block was originally defined with a line of text that was style "A". when I edited the block, and changed the text to style "B", and then tried to purge style "A", I couldnt. Only after exploding the block and remaking it could I get rid of "A". Anyone know why the style stays with the block? And is there any way to get rid of this?

thanks

luke

• 11 months later...

It seems that everything goes fine.

But when I go to Purge, I still can not purge not a single Text style...

why?

• 2 years later...
Q1. Express tools' Laytrans and/or Laymrg command

Q2. try attached

Hello,

I downloaded your zip file but i'm not sure how to use it. Can you please help? Where do i need to put these files and how do i use the txtmrg? what is the command in CAD?

Thanks.

Hello,

I downloaded your zip file but i'm not sure how to use it. Can you please help? Where do i need to put these files and how do i use the txtmrg? what is the command in CAD?

Thanks.

Put the txtmrg.lsp and txtmrg.dvb in a folder in AutoCAD's search path.

To use it invoke the APPLOAD command to load it then at the command line type TXTMRG and press Enter.

The search paths that AutoCAD routinely accesses are listed under Options > Files > Support File Search Path. Users have the option to add to and delete from the list. You might want to consider creating a separate folder for all your custom lisp routines under the root drive of your computer then add that path to the ones AutoCAD checks.

• 7 months later...

doesn't work in 2011 or ver later because autocad no longer provides VBA support in their installs.

I was directed to an autocad VB enabler download page, but unfortunately need network admin access to install

nogo here

• 5 weeks later...
Q1. Express tools' Laytrans and/or Laymrg command

Q2. try attached

Works like a charm.

If only it could change the text style of MultiLeaders it would be 100%. If someone could (please) add such feature, he/she would be a hero!

Kudos anyway.

Don't bother with the VB enabler. It slows down general AutoCAD operation badly.

Yes, that`s true, but I don`t have any other tool/routine available, yet.

What I`m looking for is a tool that will merge text style(s) into another text style. Including texts, mtexts, mleaders, attributes, dimensions and any other I cannot think of right now.

If there`s something like this in LISP, I would like to know!

Yes, that`s true, but I don`t have any other tool/routine available, yet.

What I`m looking for is a tool that will merge text style(s) into another text style. Including texts, mtexts, mleaders, attributes, dimensions and any other I cannot think of right now.

If there`s something like this in LISP, I would like to know!

exactly my sentiment, I have become my company's CAD janitor, spending hours cleaning up client or other vendor provided cad files with way too many cooks in the stew. Thus ending up with duplicate text styles with different stylenames. if the text were in the open as text or mtext i'd have no problem spending the time with qselect to 'move' them to a single stylename, but these text styles are embedded in block symbol attributes.