Need a motorcycle model

abstracted

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am working on a Honda GB500 TT I made some designs in solid works from photos and drawings of the net but I could use some parts to complete the design like shocks and possible a XR650L engine. I have a mockup Ducaty fork and some triple tree pats a redesigned be glad to share them, and a frame and swing arm.

• 1 year later...

I am looking for a cad model of xr650l honda motorcycle. I actually have Solidworks on my system but I can import almost anything.

Mark 636-328-2691

• 2 months later...

You're a busy guy there today Teller. Are you going to dig up all block request threads and add the same link? Sounds like an interesting marketing ploy.

ReMark, true to your status you notice everything :)

I was actually surprised by how few model requests I found on a quick dig. Looks like members of Cadtutor are so good they model everything themselves.

You're part right, of course - as you can see from my signature I'm affiliated with GrabCAD. But I was hoping to offer a fair return by linking to useful content.

Cheers from snowy Tallinn, Estonia

Siim Teller

I checked out the site briefly. I don't see a listing for plain AutoCAD although Revit and Inventor are listed under Systems. I also don't see categories for architectural, structural, civil and mechanical. The problem is that unless the categories exist people start dropping content in any old place just to get their files uploaded. Trying to find something becomes a problem. I noticed this too when I used to frequent the CBEN website. A lot of stuff got loaded in the wrong place and no one ever seemed to care or make an effort to categorize it better. I stopped visiting the site a while ago.

ReMark, true to your status you notice everything :)

I was actually surprised by how few model requests I found on a quick dig. Looks like members of Cadtutor are so good they model everything themselves.

You're part right, of course - as you can see from my signature I'm affiliated with GrabCAD. But I was hoping to offer a fair return by linking to useful content.

Cheers from snowy Tallinn, Estonia

Siim Teller

Thank you for that explanation.

CADTutor is an AutoCAD Help site and not really a repository for content like blocks although the subject has come up at least 2 or 3 times since I joined CT as to whether or not the feature should be added.

I think GrabCAD needs more work. The sooner the better. Otherwise it will suffer the same fate as CBEN...disorganization. And someone should also keep an eye on content: the good, the bad and the ugly. Dear God man have some standards! LOL Lastly, spell check, spell check, spell check. It's amazing how many things don't get found because the person labeled the drawing as Ball Valev instead of Ball Valve. See my point?

Excellent feedback ReMark, thanks for that. Categorization has not received too much attention from us until now as we wanted to get a bette feel for what people will be uploading. 4 months in some patterns have started to emerge so we'll adjust accordingly.

Thanks again for the feedback, very valuable. I'm trying to reach out to our users via email on regular basis to see what's good and what's annoying and we certainly have a long way to go in terms of content findability and usability.

Apologies for hijacking this thread, that was not the intention.

Siim Teller

A lack of organization will lead to chaos and ultimately the demise of the website. There should be a way to search for a particular block, or type of block, either as part of a general search or as a specific search. If blocks are easy to find then you'll have a leg up on the competition. And I cannot stress "quality" enough either. Please don't except everything that people may want to post. The higher the quality the more visitors you'll have to your site.

Re: searches. I could see Sports Equipment as the Main category with a sub-category for Bicycles below it. I could even envision another sub-sub-category called Bicycle parts.

Edited by ReMark

• 7 months later...