rendering

briciola52

Solidworks. There is an add in if you go to your tools menu>add-ins, its called photoworks. there is also a program that came with my version called photoview360. go to the showcase forum and look for the the thread solidworks09 renders

i use Solidworks09 and i use solidworks to render. I dont use any external programs to render. these two were drawn in SW09 and i rendered them in Photoview 360 which came with my solidworks package

FaceCam2.jpg

dsmonitor9.jpg

I was quite impressed with the rendered output from solidworks as far as the lighting goes but I wasn't impressed with the available options for creating textures so would always favour 3DS Max for rendering objects with materials.

solidworks.jpg

Max.JPG

SW makes it easy to do with small parts/assemblies. When you are dealing with environments like spittle there. I think it becomes more difficult to alter settings like in other programs, but i havent dealt with that.

i think spittles renders look great!

Thanks shift.

Thought these images would display the filename. To be clear, image 1 is done in Solidworks, number 2 in Max.

• 1 month later...

I use Hypershot and have to say its by far the easiest render program i used. Compared to vray for 3dmax, , you can get very similar results without any trouble at all. Great program.