Blocks wont show on Layer

muddbutter

I know there is probably a thread somewhere about this...I tried searching, but had no luck.

I am using Acad '07. I am working on a topo that has a bunch of trees and labels. How come when I freeze all the layers except the "TREE" layer my tree symbols disappear? Only the labels are showing up...

The objects that make up the trees were drawn on another layer. Try to thaw layer 0 and see if they reappear.

If they don't, double click on the tree and edit the block. Select one of the object and determine what layer it's on. If it is a layer other than 0, move it to layer 0 and save the block.

Your trees I suspect are blocks and the entities within are on "TREE" layer. If you list your block you will probably see they were inserted on another layer which you have frozen.

Two ways to correct this.

You can change the layer the blocks were inserted on (changeproperties) and continue with the freeze method.

Or instead of freezing, try turning off the layer.

Typically I try to have the entities within a block on layer "0". Doing this the objects take on the properties the block was inserted on. The exception is when special linetypes are needed like hidden and center lines.

Dave

"Most of what I know came from the "F1" key"

Thanks you guys I appreciate the help. Yes it turned out the entities were on another later...the "draw" layer. So if I have the entities on layer 0 then I wont have this problem? Is that correct?

Thanks you guys I appreciate the help. Yes it turned out the entities were on another later...the "draw" layer. So if I have the entities on layer 0 then I wont have this problem? Is that correct?

That is correct.