Dynamic block stretch

michelvh

I am a relative beginner and just discovered the potential of dynamic blocks for tasks I need to do. I probably could have been done by now. My 3d blocks don't stretch, they move. The same thing happens if I take a 2d and make it a region. After watching the tutorial and trying 50 times, then reading another tutorial and trying another 50 times I made a 2d box and it worked just fine. So I tried 50 more times.

Yep I know 'm gonna kick myself when I get the answer.

It has to be simple -- doing something wrong with the stretch frame I think because the other tools work

File attached for your amusement

not so dynamic.dwg

3d objects cannot be modified in dynamic blocks beyond moving, scaling and rotating. If you want this for a detail or similar, you can FLATSHOT the 3D object and make some 2D views to use in the dynamic block. If you need the linework to hide the lines behind it you can experiment with adding some WIPEOUTs, be careful though, they can be very finnicky to work with.

Ahhh thanks for the info

When I started reading about this it reminded me of the doors and windows in Architectural Desktop, where you can click on little handles that look just like these and change width height or depth independently. So read other posts what I want is parametric modeling, Inventor does this?