Shortcut Option Menus

andrewjbarnett

I'm trying to customise AutoCAD to my personal liking.

We have two computers at work that I often use for CAD, and I'm having trouble setting them up identical to each other.

The biggest problem I'm having the the shortcut options menu popping up after I have double clicked a polyline for instance (I have included a screenshot), I get the shortcut menu attached to it on one computer, but not the other. I would prefer not to have it, and cannot find a way to disable it.

I've also tried exporting the profile from the computer that has the perfect setup, and then I import it to the other computer, all of it appears to be how I like it, except for this shortcut menu. It really annoys me.

Is there something I'm missing to disable it.

Screen.jpg

It doesn't just happen for Polylines, it happens even when trying to create a line, or any other object.

I have identical settings everywhere that I have checked, even turned off the right Click customisation settings, and it still appears. It is driving me nuts.

Click the little DYN button at the bottom of your screen to turn off dynamic input.

Or, if you want to keep dynamic input active, but just want to get rid of that pop-up menu, then right click on the DYN button and select "Settings". In the "Drafting Settings" dialog, on the "Dynamic Input" tab, uncheck "Show Command Prompting".