Mechanical Cam Mate

FusiveR

Haha, I cheated.

I traced a spline around the profile and extruded a surface to mate against.

I don’t have that cam program for some reason so I can’t analyze it. Shift said SW wouldn’t make a cam program if it doesn’t work… I’m not so sure. I think SW does release half baked functions. If the sketch in the cam that Fusive posted is the output of the cam program… then I think it was not intended to be used for the finished cam. There are no constraints, no adjustments, why all the little segments if a single arc would work? I tried to put tangent constraints on the sketch segments and it went wacky. Even when I fixed the sketch so all the arcs were tangent… cam mate wouldn’t work. Maybe your cam is too complicated for the cam generator to calculate.

All I know for sure is that a single spline works great for cams. And that cam generated sketch can be traced with a spline almost perfect.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• FusiveR

• cedar

• kelven

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well the cam generator worked in a motion study so you can analyze the profile by tracing it and analyze forces etc. Cedar, in the cam generator you can create a very detailed cam. you give it radius, degrees of motion, type of motion etc. The program is very Picky as to what it will let out.

Fusive, did you have a spec sheet for what cam values you inputed? how did you determine your cam values?

• 2 years later...

Hi, everyone.

I have a problem to use the cam mate? pls teach me how to use it.

my problem have attach with a photo.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

It looks like either you havent selected all the faces of your path OR you dont have tangency everywhere. When you are selecting the path just right click on one of the faces and "select tangency" and it should select all the faces. If it doesnt you may need to alter the part