Perfect Rev Cloud

Andy0902

Thank you so much for this post, Andy! I have been searching and searching to change the arc length of a revcloud, and this is the first time I have seen anyone tell me to type "A" to do so. Thanks again, I was going crazy! :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andy0902

• ReMark

• Tankman

• Stryker1989

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Use the "Oops" command to fix the above ^ ^ ^.

LMAO! :rofl:

I think the Oops command is obsolete now. ;)

Because of stuff like this I will never cease to be amazed at human perception (or stupidity) whichever the case may be.

Thank you so much for this post, Andy! I have been searching and searching to change the arc length of a revcloud, and this is the first time I have seen anyone tell me to type "A" to do so. Thanks again, I was going crazy! :D

No problem, I hope my instructions were clear enough. :)

It always pays to read the command bar to see the different options you have. If you don't you may become blinkered and stuck in a routine and potentially wasting your time. :facepalm:

• 2 years later...
If your like me and cant draw a rev cloud free hand, this is how to do it so it looks nicer/acceptable:lol: ...

First of all, draw an Ellipse, Circle, Rectangle or a Closed polyline around the part of the drawing you wish to Rev Cloud.

Next, click on Revision Cloud or type REVCLOUD, then type A for ArcLength.

A good Arclength is about 10 on an A1 sheet(if your drawing in model space just play around untill you get a nice size)

Once you have selected your ArcLength type O for Object then select the object you drew at the start, choose which direction you would like your cloud.

Easy as that:D

I do not seem to have "Object" option, only "Arc Lgth" option. I there a way to configure "Rev Cloud"?

I have 2010 on my computer and it clearly has an "Arc Length" option. Now the only reason I can think of that you would not have the option is if you edited the option out of the CUI, you had a problem when installing the program or the RevCloud command you are using happens to actually be a custom lisp routine that also removed the option. I know you may not believe me re: AutoCAD 2010 but if you look in your Help file under RevCloud you'll see all the options listed.

BTW, are you selecting the command off the Draw panel of the Ribbon or typing it in at the command line?

Yes, it does. It also has the Arc Length option. It is referred to in the Help file. The Object option just happens to be the default.