Perfect Rev Cloud

Andy0902

If your like me and cant draw a rev cloud free hand, this is how to do it so it looks nicer/acceptable:lol: ...

First of all, draw an Ellipse, Circle, Rectangle or a Closed polyline around the part of the drawing you wish to Rev Cloud.

Next, click on Revision Cloud or type REVCLOUD, then type A for ArcLength.

A good Arclength is about 10 on an A1 sheet(if your drawing in model space just play around untill you get a nice size)

Once you have selected your ArcLength type O for Object then select the object you drew at the start, choose which direction you would like your cloud.

Easy as that:D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andy0902

• ReMark

• Tankman

• Stryker1989

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

also if you change the arc length to 2 different acceptable sizes (minimum-maximum) then it looks more natural as well!

very good tip, i have been using this method for quite some time! and i am alot faster than some co-workers that try to do it free hand and get cought up in "snaps"... (i mean i know you can turn them off.. but still...lol..)

• 5 weeks later...
when it prompts for 'style' select 'C' for calligraphy. looks alot better than the the bubble ^^

I guess that's personal preference. It also depends on the CAD standards you are using.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Andy, great tip. I saw your post awhile ago but, today tried it out!

Wonderbar!

Where are you posting from? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks again for the tip!

Andy, great tip. I saw your post awhile ago but, today tried it out!

Wonderbar!

Where are you posting from? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks again for the tip!

Im in West Yorkshire, England :)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Does anyone know if this is possible with AutoCAD 2000i, when I pull up the Rev Cloud Command it doesn't give me the object option.

cheers all

Thanks eldon, really need to get the company to upgrade, what is crazy is because I am a student I have the 2011 and 2012 packages on my laptop at home and at work in a business that does this for a living we have 2000i, or as my immediate boss refered to it yesterday as: AutoCAD f****** Play Doh

• 2 months later...