Plotting output not central

A1DWG

Hi,

I have a problem with our plot output to the Designjet 650C. We plot a titleblock (801 x 554mm) on an A1 sheet (841 x 595) with a plot area of 830 x 560. No matter what options I use - Window, Extents etc when plotted at 1:1 with the plot centred it prints offset to the left of the paper. Print preview is OK. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Default margins are set, giving a printable area of 830 x 560mm. I have tried printing an oversized drawing, centred on an A1 sheet and that came back centred.:?

Go to your Plot setup. Next to Plotter name click Properties. In this dialog (Plotter configuration editor) click on "Modify Standard Paper Sizes (Printable Area) under Device and Documents settings Tab. Select the A1 size and click on the "Modify" button. Here you should see the margin settings for the printable area. Adjust these as needed and select next. It will ask you to give this a name then click finish. Click okay on the dialog box showing. It will ask you if you want to apply for current plot or save the changes. I would recommend apply current for now until you confirm everything works well. Now you're left with the normal plot dialog. adjust your settings. there shouldn't be a red box around the hatched preview box. Click okay.

ARGHHHHH!

this does not make sense, I've just done like you suggested - created a 15mm border all around (reduced from 20mm as my titleblock was too big), plot preview - all nice and central, plot output was within 4mm of the paper edge, DESPITE a margin of 15mm!!!

Are you plotting from Model Space or Paper Space?

Paperspace, scale 1:1, no red line errors, drawing should fit within paper printable area, it just wont centre. Its OK vertically, paper loaded ok in plotter, (correct size paper in plotter). I think it must be a compatability issue?

Command Line: plottermanager -> Device and Document Settings -> Modifiy Standard Paper Sizes -> Select Paper size -> Check current Settings below -> Modify if needed.

Plotter_Config.jpg

If you have others in you office you may want to compare and see if they have the same settings and or problem.

one just one drawing or on all of them?

All, including archive drawings from LT97 right up to new layouts on LT2008 with a cross drawn on it (oversized to check the limits).

If you have others in you office you may want to compare and see if they have the same settings and or problem.

The other pcs have the same fault, I've already increased the margins, which state 15mm L, R, T + B, but it still prints 4mm from the Left edge of the paper, giving a 30mm or so gap on the right. Pdfs seem OK and other printers seem OK.

This has not been classed as a problem before, as it enabled the plot to be hole punched and added to a document wallet. So I guess its been like it a while, just not tried to alter it.

Smaller plots also show as centred on the preview then print to the left margin. We dont normally print smaller drawings to the plotter.

you don't have the origin of the plot set at something other than 0,0 do you?

Yes,

I am plotting the extents of the paperspace (ie the titleblock) which is smaller than the printable area. I am using plot extents (or window as it gets the same results) and have checked "center the plot". When that is checked the plot origin changes to calculated figures.

This works ok on the old A1 plotter and all the A3 / A4 printers.

and you don't have a plot offset set?

I spotted a post on another thread asking if the plotter had been calibrated to AutoCAD - thought it was worth a mention here