• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• BLOACH85

• Lee Mac

Top Posters In This Topic

This program has one image_tile that can view multiple sildes from a popup list. Note the slides are built into the program. I use vector_image. This is just another way to do it.

SL.zip

I believe that is possible although you run the risk of an error. I personally do not recommend it.

May I ask you, What is it that you are trying to do?

A spacing program such as you have a beam 8 feet long it with holes in the flanges or in the web. It will take the oveall dimension divide it into equal spaces and figure out your two end dimensions from centerline of hole or stud to edge of object. it will not draw it because its strickly informational. for instance if you have a standard dwg allready drawn and just need to change the dimensions then it will require little to no thinking or number crunching depending on error trapping of course! the programs almost done but i was thinking of beefing it up a bit.:D

So then, I think you want the image to change based on the user input, Sort of the way that acads Dimstyle manager image changes when you select different options. Am I guessing correctly?

From what it seem like to me, The input can vary and therfore you would need I slide for every situation. I do not think thats is doable. If constants were used, You can use a list box or popup list with the pre-determined input, Then you would know the required amount of slides needed, Then something similar to the last program I posted on this thread could be used.

The slides are just static images and cannot change themselves based on input.

I do not mean to discourage you, Is there any way to determine what is going to be required? Or does it all vary?

Everything is going to vary so is there anyway to make just a background image of what lets say a plate 6" wide 8 feet long but with no dimensions and where the dim's would be there is an edit box or so? if not im just going to make a slide that has dims on it

example: the overall dim would be A and on the slide that dim would be A just for reference so the user knows what they are looking at.

but how do i incorporate the slide in my dcl file? or make the slide for that matter?

I think there is a possibility that if the image lists could be manipulated with coding the possiblitie would seem likely. I have a program that creates the list, But I am not sure how to disect it. You would need someone with much more experience then I have. If someone else were willing to take this on I could offer what help I mentioned with regard to creating the intial lists.

At this point I am sorry I can not help you much further. You will have to wait and see if someone else can take this on.

I will look to see if I can get some additional help for you.

In the mean time good luck,

The Buzzard

To make a slide, you would create your drawing of how the slide is to look. Run MSLIDE which means MAKE SLIDE and save it to a name. It places the sld for the file type.

In the DCL file you need an image tile.

: image {
                     key = "im1";
                     height = 7;
                     aspect_ratio = 1.5;
                     color = 0;
                     allow_accept = true;
                   }

In the lisp file you need to set the parameters for the image.

(setq w (dimx_tile "im1")
       h (dimy_tile "im1"))
          (start_image "im1")
(slide_image 0 0 w h "SLIDE_NAME")
(end_image)                                                       

Also in the code you need an action tile to control the variables

with the selection.

(action_tile "im1" 
"(setq VARIABLE \"Your Variable Value\")")

And of course you would need the slide as I have outlined before.

Actually I wrote "Your Variable Value", This is the value that is placed into a variable name and used to perform an operation in your code. I had guessed you knew this. I was under the impression you wrote your code and new what a variable was and what it does. My guess now is you very new to lisp? Can you post your lisp code and dialog file and I will see if I can get something started for you if you would like.

Thats all up to you.