How to display object data on the map?

blommin

Hello!

I have imported data from mapinfo, I can see the object data if I check in properties, but how do I convert it to text. It works to convert to text directly when the object is an point but not when its a line.

So my How do I display the object data on the map when its saved to a line?

Thanks Kris

Namnlös.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am assuming that this is embedded data in the layer so you would go to your "Task Pane" select the "Display Manager" tab and click on the "Data" image. Then select "Add Drawing Data" from the drop-down menu. Then select "Drawing Layer", go to the layer in the drawing that you imported and check the box next to it and click OK. In the "Task Pane" you should see the layer, right click on the layer and select "Add Style" and select "Text". This will insert a “Text Style” below the layer. Open the "Properties Palette" while you have the "Text Style" selected. In the "Properties Palette" select the "Value" in "Style Traits" here you can select the data you want to have displayed from the "Object Data Table" for that layer and format the rest of the settings for the “Style” You can also use an “Annotation Template” to represent the data as in a block. You can define one or insert a block you may have already created.

Good luck,

EB

• 3 years later...

Dude! You came to my rescue. We took points from ArcMap and imported them into AutoCAD but all we could see were the little dots (point markers).We followed your instructions and bingo - text.I've used AutoCAD since it was born and I don't think I've ever used the Task Pane. Hmm? Anyway, thanks. twistun