Penn Foster Drafting with Autocad

sethtb1

I am taking the penn foster online class for drafting with autocad, i am now doing a project with blocks and layers it is a plat map. if any one has any experience with this class i could really use alot of help this project has totally confused me.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• geussb

• BIGMIKE09281946

• sethtb1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it that you are confused about? Blocks and layers are standard AutoCAD features so it doesn't matter if you are drawing a plat map, an ocean liner or a CNC machine. Ask a question (or two) and we'll do our best to assist you. There are many knowledgeable forum members willing to help.

its not the blocks and layers im confused about i completely understand the concept of them and now to do them. but i guess what is confusing me is they give me a bench mark of 1421334.93, 783207.62 then they will say the next point is 113.66 at a bearing of N5d27'23"W i have been entering bench mark and for the next point i have entered 113.66

• 1 month later...

I am taking the Penn Foster Drafting & AutoCAD course, and at HACAD chapter 11 12 13 or 14. Its is because the course is so lousy, that I have to go back and forth every now and then. I have located a web site that has some nice drawings you can DL. They are in pdf format, and can be printed to scale for a couple of bucks at any Office Depot. I have two puters and on one I have Acrobat Proffesional 7.0. which contains a measuring tool. I use the tool to measure the pdfs, and work the ACAD. There are a dozen ways to get your skill set up. I can even give you some of my dwg files. Get back to me ASAP, and we can hook-up.

• 10 months later...

Mike, are you still available to help? Your last post is quite old but I am really having a difficult time. I have tried to PM you but can get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

• 2 years later...

i am confused as to how the rebar is supposed to look on plate 2 for structural drafting. and the fillet weld from the plate to the column. How are they supposed to look? ive tried to upload what i have so far and it keeps telling me its too large. but i would like some criticisms before i turn it in

... ive tried to upload what i have so far and it keeps telling me its too large....

In Windows Explorer right click on the file name and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

Post a screen shot of the detail you are working on. Do not post a DWG file. Why? Because some students come here looking to "borrow" other people's work if you know what I mean.

You're having trouble detailing the footings and concrete piers?

Yes my footings don look like everyone's else's on other threads. I thought the rebar needs to go around the whole pier and footing 3" off. When I can get a screenshot to work I will post it to show

As you can tell Penn-Foster assumes the student will know what to do exactly and judging from the various submissions I see they'll accept a wide range of interpretations. I imagine the rebar would form a cage of horizontal and vertical bars within both the footing and the pier. What does P-F provide as guidance given the project instructions are lacking in detail? Do they give you a secondary source of information to consult? Do they point you to a website? Do they provide a handout in addition to the PDF instructions? I'm curious.

they say to look in the structural drafting section booklet they sent and the picture they reference isnt even anything but a thick drawn L shape facing towards the left. but when they say that it should be 3" all around, i assumed it would be like you say, "a cage"

and my screenshots wont post when i paste them into the space

The footing and the pier won't necessarily be poured at the same time (thus the reason for the 'keyway'). Anyways, even if they were you would not have a continuous bar like the one you have shown.