Solids not completely visible after Hide VP

adirondackbell

Hi,

I'm having a frustrating problem trying to get solids to plot completely in a hidden shade plot. The outlines are incomplete with lines skipping or objects missing...almost like they are being invisibly shaded. They show up OK in a 3D-Hidden shade plot, but I can't use it because of another problem...not all objects are monochrome despite my designation in my monochrome.stb. An older copy of the file seems to work fine with no problem, but it's too old to reuse. The problem may have started when I made a copy of the original and renamed it for new revisions.

The hide problem occurs regardless if I print to pdf, preview a printer, or just Hide the lines in a viewport.

Any help would be greatly welcomed:)

Not sure. Since the problems weren't found until the extensive revisions were competed, I'd like to think that I can somehow "fix" the problem with that drawing before beginning over. Any suggestions or system variables I need to tweek?

Thanks

Tried both. No errors on audit. I found the problem goes way back to many previous versions of sv$, bak, etc. Want to fix if possible. Way too much time to re-create.

WBlock and hideprecision have no effect. Using both 2007 and 2006 saved as 2004 drawing. Monochrome STB except for logo. For 2006: Hidden VP - color good, lines NG. For 2007: Hidden VP - same as 2006, 3D Hidden VP - full color, lines good. Find that layout display in correct color but wrong color when pdf or plotting.

Thanks for you help in advance!

Using both 2007 and 2006 saved as 2004 drawing.

There's part of your problem, constant downsaving/upsaving of the drawing.

I use ACAD 2008 so all drawings i save are in 2007 filetype, only downsave

when sending the drawing out to clients (And then only as far down as rqd -

no further) this saves loss of information within the drawing, that won't show

up in audit.

I don't know if anyone els has had this problem but it sure gives me a

headache at times - an most of my works 2D!!

Is there anyway (software solution) to patch up the drawing? Sure is frustrating when even the colors don't comply to the monochrome.stb plot table.

I found the problem with the broken object outlines. Turns out there was another layer that was turned "off" but not frozen. The "off" layer blanked out some sections of the objects, causing the problem. Simply freezing that layer solved the problem. And now for the color problem...