Calcomp VI and Wintab

fillmore

I doubt you can make any changes in AutoCAD that would allow for changing the function of a button on the cursor. Changes to the functions of the cursor buttons would have to be made from within TabletWorks. Or... go out and buy a new cursor. Is it 4 or 16 buttons?

The problem with the button on your cursor may be attributed to the accumulation of "gunk" between the outer edge of the soft button and the inner edge of the hard plastic shell that surrounds it. You might be able to free things up by slipping an Exacto number 11 blade in the space between the two and gingerly remove any fuzz, dirt or grime. Just don't go poking the blade too far in.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• stefan1km

• dumfatnhappy

• Staskiewicz56

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt you can make any changes in AutoCAD that would allow for changing the function of a button on the cursor. Changes to the functions of the cursor buttons would have to be made from within TabletWorks. Or... go out and buy a new cursor. Is it 4 or 16 buttons?

The problem with the button on your cursor may be attributed to the accumulation of "gunk" between the outer edge of the soft button and the inner edge of the hard plastic shell that surrounds it. You might be able to free things up by slipping an Exacto number 11 blade in the space between the two and gingerly remove any fuzz, dirt or grime. Just don't go poking the blade too far in.

Its 4 buttons mouse, i want to buy but there is no place where i can buy new one, i already tried something to fix that but after little time its happening again

Have you tried the GTCO website?

The only other thing I can think of would be to use some contact cleaner such as "Circuit Solve" by the Tri-Chem Corporation. It is fast drying and leaves no residue. It is comprised of 1,1-Dichloro-1-Fluoroethane and carbon dioxide. Warning: the vapors can be harmful if the area you are working in isn't well ventilated. I usually go outside when I use a product like this.

As a last resort. I have a 16-button cursor from my old DrawingBoard III. I don't even recall the last time I used it. You pay the postage it's yours. No guarantee it will work though. "You pays your money and you takes your chances," as grandpappy used to say.

Addendum:

These people list a Calcomp 4-button cursor for sale. Call and find out if they have one in stock.

https://www.atlantic-marketing.com/view_item.php?id=118&PHPSESSID=rro3flvroblpvvormjaosfdsd1

Edited by ReMark

Have you tried the GTCO website?

The only other thing I can think of would be to use some contact cleaner such as "Circuit Solve" by the Tri-Chem Corporation. It is fast drying and leaves no residue. It is comprised of 1,1-Dichloro-1-Fluoroethane and carbon dioxide. Warning: the vapors can be harmful if the area you are working in isn't well ventilated. I usually go outside when I use a product like this.

As a last resort. I have a 16-button cursor from my old DrawingBoard III. I don't even recall the last time I used it. You pay the postage it's yours. No guarantee it will work though. "You pays your money and you takes your chances," as grandpappy used to say.

Addendum:

These people list a Calcomp 4-button cursor for sale. Call and find out if they have one in stock.

https://www.atlantic-marketing.com/view_item.php?id=118&PHPSESSID=rro3flvroblpvvormjaosfdsd1

Thank you friend once again, i will try yours first solution i hope that it will have some success :unsure:

i will let you know when i try o:)