Calcomp VI and Wintab

fillmore

That's not what I asked. Are you using the tablet to digitize a drawing?

Here is a link to a Drawingboard IV User Manual.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/951920/Gtco-Calcomp-Drawingboard-Iv.html

In settings of AutoCad it writes Wintab Compatible Digitizer ADI 4.2 - by Autodesk, Digitizer and mouse is selected and i use tablet to drawing

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• stefan1km

• dumfatnhappy

• Staskiewicz56

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fine. In which case you must select the lower left-hand corner of the tablet overlay and the upper right-hand corner of the tablet overlay (should be a black donut-like circle at each of these locations) as your screen pointing area.

What kind of drawing are you digitizing? Is it a site plan?

Fine. In which case you must select the lower left-hand corner of the tablet overlay and the upper right-hand corner of the tablet overlay (should be a black donut-like circle at each of these locations) as your screen pointing area.

What kind of drawing are you digitizing? Is it a site plan?

Yes its landscape orientation of drawing and table, dimensions are 900x600 i calibrate all 4 points correctly but when i try to draw on surface of 900x600 like its marked on picture i cant draw in all size of 900x600 just on middle of limits size of 900x600

s.jpg

Calibration only requires two diagonal points with the proper coordinates assigned to them.

Once again you failed to answer my question. Are you digitizing a site plan? If not, what are you digitizing?

okay can you tell me how to calibrate two points of resolution 900x600 for example if i use left top point and right right bottom, how to write coordinates for first point and how to second ?

You never answered my question regarding what is the nature of the drawing you are trying to digitize. Is it a site plan? If not then what is it?

I wouldn't bother. I would take them to a reprographics company and have them create a PDF. Use the PDFATTACH command, bring them into AutoCAD then trace over them using polylines.

yes but my friend wants to use tablet for that, he set draw on table and then with polylines digitize drowing in AutoCad, just we cannot set some calibrations good :(

Have you tried digitizing a small test drawing yet to know if this will even work?

What physical size is the map?

What is the size of the digitizer?

Hello stefan1km, when someone is giving you their time to assist you please listen and read what they have written and be sure you do what they ask and understand their question and answer it best as possible.

Very good chance that they haven't used the product just as you are using it so they are probably trying to help you but as they used the product and in this case many years ago. In this case ReMark is giving you his best advice and from his experience has suggested to use another way, also he explained where to touch the panel when your calibrating the screen.

POST # 22 - "Fine. In which case you must select the lower left-hand corner of the tablet overlay and the upper right-hand corner of the tablet overlay (should be a black donut-like circle at each of these locations) as your screen pointing area."

Good Luck with finding a solution

It is most likely a language barrier / misinterpretation problem. I'm sure we will work our way through it. Although I do have a strong preference for not being forced to repeat questions.

yes but my friend wants to use tablet for that, he set draw on table and then with polylines digitize drowing in AutoCad, just we cannot set some calibrations good :(

I'd suggest a test run first.

Take an A4 size piece of paper and lay it on the map. Now take a pencil and put a dot on the map just outside the lower left hand corner of the paper and the upper right hand corner of the paper. Remove the paper. Secure the map to the digitizer with tape making sure that the section of the map you are about to digitize falls within the limits of the digitizing area. Now calibrate the digitizer and when asked to pick the lower left hand corner click on the pencil dot. When prompted for the coordinates type 100,100. When next prompted to pick the upper right hand corner click on the pencil dot. When prompted for the coordinates type 310,397. For this to work the tablet must first be configured such that the entire limits is considered to be the drawing area. Configure first, then calibrate. It is a two step process. Now test by digitizing some of the features of the map into AutoCAD.

Have you tried digitizing a small test drawing yet to know if this will even work?

What physical size is the map?

What is the size of the digitizer?

i didnt try to drow yet, physical size of map is 900x600 and size of digitizer is same 900x600, i work in scale 1:1

If you don't want to do the test first that's fine with me. Configure the tablet for the largest possible digitizing area and then calibrate it using the coordinates 100,100 and 1000,700.

If you don't want to do the test first that's fine with me. Configure the tablet for the largest possible digitizing area and then calibrate it using the coordinates 100,100 and 1000,700.

Okay friend i will try, thank you :D

• 2 weeks later...
Okay friend i will try, thank you :D

i am success to make it work, it was only calibration problem as you said, thank you for support so much you are best!

can i somehow switch left click with right in AutoCad or CalCom software ?

Are you talking about a mouse? If not, and you are asking about the cursor that came with your digitizer, know that "0" on the cursor is used as the pick, or left mouse button button. All other buttons are defined by the TabletWorks software or through your own software applications.

If you are talking about the mouse then you have to go through Windows > Control Panel > Mouse Buttons tab. Under Button Configuration enable Switch primary and secondary buttons.

Edited by ReMark

Are you talking about a mouse? If not, and you are asking about the cursor that came with your digitizer, know that "0" on the cursor is used as the pick, or left mouse button button. All other buttons are defined by the TabletWorks software or through your own software applications.

If you are talking about the mouse then you have to go through Windows > Control Panel > Mouse Buttons tab. Under Button Configuration enable Switch primary and secondary buttons.

Yes i asking about the cursor that came with digitizer, yes but there is no option to change click what i need because my button 0 is defect and sometimes wont to click, can i setup somehow to change button or make some options in autocad that i dont need to click all time just one time ?