Calcomp VI and Wintab

fillmore

I'm trying to setup Calcomp VI, Looking for suggestions. This is what I have found out.

1. Calcomp do not have a driver for wintab 1.1 -lawsuite

2. Can purchase Vtablet, but not USB support. Calcomp will not support Vtablet with the usb information.

3. Autcad setup using tableworks:

A. Calcomp driver as a mouse (no wintab)

B. Define buttons using tableworks

c. drawback-no menu area for commends.

d. Can not define buttons in CUI.

if any one have found a work around, or a solutions, please let me know.

Thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• stefan1km

• dumfatnhappy

• Staskiewicz56

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate to break it to you but there isn't one (after I beat this to DEATH last year. I had to return my newly purchased Calcomp VI because of)

also told "Autodesk is not interested in supporting tablets moving forward"

and without drivers....

this was all a result of going 64-bit (Vista) btw.

What is this CAD world coming to when a man (or woman) can't continue using his/her tablet?

Suggestion: Find an "old" DB III on eBay or elsewhere and you're back in business as long as you use XP.

What is this CAD world coming to when a man (or woman) can't continue using his/her tablet?

Suggestion: Find an "old" DB III on eBay or elsewhere and you're back in business as long as you use XP.

i actually have 3 calcomp drawing board III and 1 16 button puck just sitting in my closet.

Well there you go fillmore. What are you waiting for? Return the VI tablet and buy a III version from alanjt.

I actually had a hard time returning mine, funny when the mfg. shot back that the unit had too much "wear n tear" to give me a full refund..... the co. I bought it from went to bat for me for the obvious reason.....

(how could it have *any* wear n tear when I couldn't use it (at all) to begin with ? ? ? ) :x

• 6 years later...

The VTablet company does not exist anymore. Here is the good news, GTCO Calcomp has acquired the patents for WinTab 1.1 and are working on the new TabletWorks.

It should be done in early 2016.

Have a nice day - Robert

The VTablet company does not exist anymore. Here is the good news, GTCO Calcomp has acquired the patents for WinTab 1.1 and are working on the new TabletWorks.

It should be done in early 2016.

Have a nice day - Robert

A lot has happened since this thread was last posted to, almost 7 years ago.

I think Dana is hinting at thread necromancy. You've peaked my interest though as at one time had used to use a Calcomp DBIII digitizer but eventually gave it up when I could no longer find suitable drivers. I always preferred the use of a digitizing puck over a mouse due in part to the fact that my wrist and a portion of my lower arm was always supported by the digitizer since it was able to be positioned at an angle. We have had a few inquires this year about digitizer drivers if I recall correctly. I still have my board, puck and the old Tabletworks CD.

• 1 year later...

Can someone share drivers 7.xx for CalComp Drawing board IV, than you in advance, i use AutoCad 2008 can i use that drivers with fully compatible with that version of AutoCad, i can use new drivers only like a mouse, and when i calibrate table, its working just middle of table, not fully surface, can please someone share right version of drivers and share it here or send me on my email spitulic@gmail.com thanks in advance

PS i use Windwos XP sp3, AutoCad 2008 but i could install older version if it is necessary

The drivers I have were for the DB III. Not sure if they would work for the version you have.

Thank you friend for answering me, i tried yours drivers but they are not fully compatible, i don't have full surface of table available for drawing :(

Wasn't that done by specifying the drawing area during set up?

Yes after i specify drawing area i cant use whole table you can see that on picture tabla 1.jpg

Are you using the tablet to digitize a drawing?

I do not have a manual. I would have to check the installation CD to see if there was a TXT version available. I stopped using the digitizer back when AutoCAD 2009 came out.

OK...I checked the CD. Nothing of any use to you on it. Sorry.

Are you using the tablet to digitize a drawing?

I do not have a manual. I would have to check the installation CD to see if there was a PDF version available. I stopped using the digitizer back when AutoCAD 2011 came out.

Yes friend, i have Drawing Board IV tablet