how to insert a pdf image into autocad to scale?

larryvasan

I am trying to get my scanned line drawings into autocad so I can trace them into cad lines. the problem I'm having is that I cannot control the scale in x or y, and the image comes out skewed. i want to get the image in at 1 to 1.

any help greatly appreciated.

I'm using copy in photoshop and paste into cad.

My answer would be that you can't control the scale. At least I have never been able to.

The best way I know (the way I use) is dependent on that there is something in the image that you know how long it is. I usually do this with interior drawings that are only availible on micro..fiche perhaps it's called. ANyway, I make sure that I get the scale ruler at the bottom of the drawing in the tif-image

THen when I have the tif in AutoCAD - I use Scale - Reference to scale it up to what it should be. Granted, this is not very exact, but I haven't found a better way.

image comes out skewed
is it skewed when its opened in ps ?, reason i ask is we use to have our A1 drawings scanned for us and they were always given to us as Tiff files, and when we opened them in PS they are skewed big time and we had to go to image-pixel aspect ratio-then set it to square to be able to view these correctly

I have an improvement:

1. Go into Photoshop: get the precise image size in inches. It's a precise rectangle.

2. Go into AutoCAd and draw a rectangle exactly the size of your image.

3. Insert the image as an OLE object. It'll come in at an arbitrary scale.

4. scale the image using reference to match the size of the box. It should be perfectly to scale.

That's sort of an indirect way of doing it- but it works for now.

Thanks a lot...:D