Creating cutting/parts list in excel from Autocad drawing

PhoenixPhil

Hi There,

We are a company that design & manufacture lifting systems for the disabled. I design the above using Autocad LT 2007.

At the moment i create a design/drawings in autocad and generate a parts list and cut sheets manually in excel. I would like to create the whole process automatically. By that i mean, create a drawing and have all the relevant lengths of materials passed to and excel spreadsheet which would have all the repeated components already on it as a template.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I am able to use VB and AutoLisp if this is what is needed.

It's just that i have the skills but don't know which direction go in to use them.

Thanks

I also think that this would require a Lisp - or a BIM program such as Inventor or Revit or the likes.

I'll move your thread over to the AutoLisp section, see if someone there knows how to do it.

I was under the impression that LISP routines couldn't be used in ACAD LT, or has this been remedied in versions later than mine? (2005)

It still is like that BOnehead - but the OP stated that he could use VB and AutoLisp if that is what it takes, so I assume he has access to a full autoCAD version as well.