Making water in autocad

Bowl.Spliffson

Hey. I'm trying to do some 3d drawing in Autocad (before you think it I know Autocad is for what I'm trying to do but i'm at work and that's all I have). I have a drawing with a couple of barges in water. But there is no water in the preset materials. When I load a picture of water that I got off the internet it just looks like a light blueish gray square. Is there any way I can make this look more realistic?

Bowl, I've edited your post

we have strict rules on all posts being suitable for reading in the workplace and in schools

the swear filter is a safety net - please don't invoke it in future :thumbsup:

C'mon Man, what you call swearing I call colourful language. and colourful is suitable for a jobsites and worksites i've ever been on. I'm sorry if I offended anyone (well not really) but I will watch my words more carefully.

p.s. could you please send me a list of words I am not allowed to use

This is a mature and professional resource website. Our goal is to provide content that is suitable for viewing in classrooms as well as the office workplace. The use of 'colorful' language does not fit that profile and is not permissable on this site. Please understand and adhere to our request and refrain from the use of profanity in your posts.

As far as which words are acceptable and which words are not, just preview your post before hitting the "Submit Reply" button. If you see **** then you know the word you chose is not acceptable.

instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just add on to this one. Attached is my screen shot of a pool, with the rendered image below. I used RMAT, and a jpeg image that I googled. I'm trying to make the water transparent so I can see the stairs. The rendered image doesn't show it. As you can see I used the Opacity bar on the Materials window.

mapping.jpg

Try switching to the "Water" template instead of "Realistic"

Load up your water image as the Diffuse Texture Map

Leave Opacity set to 0

Bump up self-illumination, maybe somewhere around 30

Render again