Zooming a small part / problem

manoj_407

Hi friends ,

When i zoom a small part of the drawing i am not able to catch the center of that part , the cursor just moves away .Also i am not able to trim a small line in the drawing ,the cursor repels away from the line / center .

Please help me how to fix this problem.

Definitely sounds like snap is enabled. - I was stumped by exactly the same thing the first time I ever used CAD.

But what exactly is Snap used for? Seems more of a hindrance than a useful tool :huh:

But what exactly is Snap used for? Seems more of a hindrance than a useful tool :huh:

When I took my one and only Autocad course, back in the the day, our instructor spent a few minutes talking about grid and snap. He showed us what they do and then he said "Now hit F7 and F9 to turn them off because you will never use them again". And he was right. I have never used grid or snap. I know some people do, but I have never found a use for them.

as always, it depends what you do. I use snap and grid on all my drawings and rarely turn them off. You try drawing a circuit diagram quickly and accurately without them.