• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BOOJAN

• Lee Mac

• fuccaro

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how did you draw that part that you can see the ball bearings?? with some special tool or....?

btw nice work

and can you tell me how did you draw that spring??

You mean THAT spring? See here: scroll down to post#23 http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78

as about the bearings: maybe this weekend I will put together a tutorial. It will be for AutoCAD pre 2007. The special tool I used at that time was AutoCAD 2006 ... and AutoLisp. But AutoCAD should be enough to draw only few bearings.

Many thanks to booth of you for your kind appreciations!

Based on what you have there, I'd probably create a profile of the inner and outer rings, and create a sphere between them, setting any tolerances you may want between them. Then revolve the profiles and perform a polar array on the sphere.

Based on what you have there, I'd probably create a profile of the inner and outer rings, and create a sphere between them, setting any tolerances you may want between them. Then revolve the profiles and perform a polar array on the sphere.

what did you say????

if you draw the cross section of both sides of the race, you can create both using the REVOLVE command. then draw one SPHERE and use the ARRAY command.

I would like to speak out of line here and say; has anyone but me thought that the thread starter meant roller bearing! Cause that PIC sure looks like that to me.

I would like to speak out of line here and say; has anyone but me thought that the thread starter meant roller bearing! Cause that PIC sure looks like that to me.

To be honest, I am not sure what exactly the OP was requesting, as the bearing he posted seemed already completed :huh:

First draw the cross sections of the outer and inner rings. They must be closed polylines! Don’t forget the bearing’s axis. Also put a center mark where the ball will be.

r1.gif

Draw the half profile of the cage. Make it longer in upper direction, and put fillets as I pointed in the image –it will look much better as with sharp edges.

r2.gif

Revolve the cage profile around the horizontal axis passing through the ball center.

Draw a rectangle to delimit the cage in upper and lower directions (the red one in the image).

Revolve that rectangle around the bearing’s axis.

r3.gif

Intersect the two solids.

r4.gif

You should have something like this.

r6.gif

Draw a ball using the SPHERE command. Rotate the UCS around the Y axis with 90deg.

Use the Polar Array command to multiply the ball and the cage fraction.

r7.gif

Use the UNION command to …union together the parts forming the cage.

Mirror the cage to get the other half part (not showed in the image)

Revolve the profiles of the outer and inner rings.

r8.gif

In addition, you may punch holes in the cages, right in the middle between two balls. Place small bolts in those holes. Also you can marc a number on the front part of a ring. For that, use an arc aligned text, explode it, extrude the resulted polylines with a small amount and subtract the extrusion from the ring. These additional steps aren’t shown in this image, but you can see them on my web site –see the link bellow.

r9.gif

[ATTACH]10548[/ATTACH]

can someone tell me how can i correct this??

Did you use surfaces or solids? Can you attach the file here?

Did you use surfaces or solids? Can you attach the file here?

the file is 900kb+..i cant upload it here, and i cant post links from rapidshare :S