Fillet and Chamfer Help

chau

Hi,

I am currently using the textbook Introduction to AutoCad by ESource and I have to recreate a drawing using fillet and chamfer techniques. I am confused by the dimensions they have given me. See image please:

For the fillet and chamfer, they give the dimensions of .12 5 with a space in between the .12 and 5 which has knocked me off track upon how I should go about recreating this. I don't think the book could have mistyped .125 considering the chamfer dimensions has a .125 typed correctly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2my85ko.jpg

It's a simple typesetting error, the school went with a cheap text book, who themselves saved money by not thoroughly proofing the text. Any text book (in the US) used as an introduction to AutoCAD will keep its units to common fractional inches. As the snap they are specifying is 1/8" also, I don't see any other way that the dimension could be interpreted.

It appears to be a Typo. Perhaps the Author had typed (.12 5) for the Fillet and then copied the text when they did the dim for the Chamfer, adding the "x .125" to the end of it. When entering manual text for dims on any drawing, it can happen that way. There would no reason to have a space between numbers like that. Just a BooBoo on the Authors part.

Yes, since this Chamfer is square. If other cases the when the Chamfer is not square you would need to determine the length and width of the Chamfer.

Okay, so I managed to draw the step part to scale. My next question is the image on the left of that (I'm assuming that is the screw?) How do i got about drawing that with no dimensions given along with the screw holes?

That is the same object from a different point of view. One is the side view and one is the top view. Say like the difference of looking at a water bottle from the side, then looking from above. On this drawing, the most outer circle diameter is the same as the thickest part of the Stepped Shaft. Each circle inward is relative to each step, including the Chamfered step. Five steps, Five circles in top view.