Small rectangle difficulties :(

Hi everyone,

I just started AutoCAD for a few days, and I am getting stuck with one small exercise (regarding rectangle):

rec.jpg

I really dunno how to make it only with rectangle ???? Even if I tried using Fillet, it made the same fillet at the 4 corner :(

Thanks ... :)

Even if I tried using Fillet, it made the same fillet at the 4 corner :(

The Fillet command can be used on a whole polyline (rectangle), or just in separate corners. If you select a (few) corner(s) for filletting, it will fillet only the selected one(s).

But I think you menat the CHAMFER command.

Welcome in the forum, Hostmax!

Thanks for your reply ...

I'm sorry for misleading you, but I mean Chamfers option when I use Rectangle tool , not the Chamfers tool (as I am only allowed to use Rectangle in this exercise) :(

When you start the RECTANGLE command, if you read the command line, the first option is to set up the chamfers. So then you can set those to 45, and then draw the large rectangle, which will be drawn with the chamfers. Then start the Rectangle command again, but make the chamfers 0, then you can draw the four smaller rectangles.

READ THE COMMAND LINE :shock:

Thanks for your reply ...

I'm sorry for misleading you, but I mean Chamfers option when I use Rectangle tool , not the Chamfers tool (as I am only allowed to use Rectangle in this exercise) :(

hi there...

try this to control the size of the rectangle..

1. command >rec (or clik icon)

2. select a point

3. type > d (for distance)

4. type > 70 (x dist)

5. type > 50 (y dist)

6. clik anywhere to accept

peace out

hi there...

try this to control the size of the rectangle..

2. select a point

4. type > 70 (x dist)

5. type > 50 (y dist)

Or like this

1a. type > c (for chamfer distances, and set them to 45)

2. select a point

4. type > 160 (x dist)

5. type > 105 (y dist)

Then you could draw the smaller rectangles without changing the chamfers, because the sides of the small rectangles are not long enough for the chamfers to be drawn.

When you start the RECTANGLE command, if you read the command line, the first option is to set up the chamfers. So then you can set those to 45, and then draw the large rectangle, which will be drawn with the chamfers. Then start the Rectangle command again, but make the chamfers 0, then you can draw the four smaller rectangles.

READ THE COMMAND LINE :shock:

Thanks for ur reply,

The prob is that, the biggest rectangle in the center (which has chamfers) has 4 chamfers, but 4 chamfers do not have the same dimension :roll: How can I make 2 different-size chamfers with exact dimension only with rectangle tool ??? ('cause I can not use Line to scale them) :(

O.K. What size are they? The diagram does not seem to give all the information, and by looking at it, the chamfers look the same, and quite often in the real world, are the same.