Where is the detent knob?

BIGMIKE09281946

Is there a combination of keyboard keys that will allow one to use the arrow keys to gently ease a block or xref drawing into place?

Is there a combination of keyboard keys that will allow one to use the arrow keys to gently ease a block or xref drawing into place?

That's why the AutoCAD Gods invented Osnaps. Use them. Or...use the move command with direct distance (and angle) entry. Can't get much more exact than that.

BIGMIKE must work for the government. Their motto is "Close enough for government work.":lol: All he needs is a nudge in the right direction!:lol: :lol:

I got to learn what a detent knob was while I was in the Air Force. I was a Telecommunications Tech Control Troubleshooter, and one of the tools of the trade was an Oscilloscope. The O-Scope had knobs inside of knobs that were similar to those of a car radio. The inner knob was for powers of ten adjustment to a digital or audio frequency signal display, either vertical or horizontal adjustment. The outer knob was for tenths of thousandths for the same signal. Both of these knobs have movement in 360 degrees with a well defined click at numerous stop positions.

Meanwhile back in MS Access, in order to adjust spacing of input lines and data block names, using the CTRL key in conjunction with the four arrow keys, caused the selected objects in the data form to move in schoses (mini steps) enabling an eye appealing display.

Back in AutoCAD, I want to insert six X-refs into a plan view showing the framing needs of a Garage Loft building. So I just want to be able to adjust the elements of the display itself.

If there is a way to get six x-refs into my plan, I will either find a way to get the x-refs to align sooner or later. 8)