How do I add toolbar?

I follow AutoCAD Tutorial "Object Snap". I don't understand how to add the "Toolbar" or "button" Object snap to my desktop? I use AutoCad 2009. Can someone help me please!

if you want to add a toolbar kaddy, right click anywhere on the outside boarder untill a tab comes comes up with stuff like

ACAD

EXPRESS

depends what program you're running for the exact list, but the basics for autocad are in ACAD click then tick or un-tick the toolbars you want. Is this what you're after? or are you trying to customize a toolbar spefically, anyway if that dosen't help be sure to look at the bottom of the page to see the similiar threads.

Note: Object-Snap is at the bottom left "0-SNAP" use F3 TO ENABLE/DISABLE IT??

In AutoCAD 2009 Help search for the topic toolbar buttons, customizing. On the Concept tab view the Show me topic Create a Toolbar. Clicking on the PLAY arrow will start the animation.

To enable a toolbar, either right-click anywhere on free space on the user interface and select the toolbar to enable.

Or, alternatively, go to "View" "Toolbars".

example.jpg

example2.jpg

Thank you for your answers but... to be honest I still don't understand this. I use AC2009 and have "opened" the ribbon and made space for more toolbars. I find the toolbar I want "Object Snap" at window "Customize user interface". But I can't move the toolbar to the emty ribbon space.

There is already an Object Snap button at the bottom of the screen in AC 2009 isn't there? You want to add a second one?

Information regarding customizing the Ribbon in AutoCAD 2009 can be found in a 21 page article provided by AutoDesk at the link provided below. Download and unzip the file ribbon_customization.zip and begin reading. There are six lessons included. Lesson 3 covers how to Copy an Existing Toolbar to a Ribbon Panel.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=11027285

An article that covers How to add a button to the Ribbon in AutoCAD 2009 is available at the DailyCAD.com website. Here is a link to it:

http://www.dailycad.com/2008/06/autocad-tutorial-to-add-a-button-to-the-ribbon-in-2009/

Between this article and the paper available from AutoDesk you should be able to customize the Ribbon any way you want.

Thank you ReMark! I just found something similar in the help file. "To copy an existing toolbar to ribbon panels". I tried it and I notice that "something" installs - but I can't see any new toolbar!

I can add that if I RIGHT CLICK on the Object Snap button I see and can use the toolbar I was looking for. It solved my problem in a way but I would have liked to have that toolbar accessible all the time. Maybe I can learn that when I'm more experienced :)

• 3 years later...

You can use toolbars and ribbons within the same cad profile.

I have mine set up so that the ribbons are hidden until I want to use them.

The toolbars remain the primary way I get to commands, and they remain in place after closing and reopening ADT.

I got them in place by going to "CUILOAD" command and loading "ACAD".

All toolbars become available that you were used to using in older AutoCad as well as the many new functions.

I hope this helps some of you.

Heres a slightly different way, this is using a partial menu but creates a toolbar, you just save as a MNU file and use menuload. You can edit in notepad etc.

***MENUGROUP=BIGALSTOOLBAR
***TOOLBARS
**BIGALSTOOLS
ID_TbModify  [_Toolbar("BIGAL", _Right, _Show, 0, 0, 1)]
AECC_ShowTS  [_Button("Show Toolspace", RCDATA_16_IMAGE, RCDATA_16_IMAGE)]^C^C^C^P_ShowTS
ID_Matchprop [_Button("Match Properties", RCDATA_16_MATCH, RCDATA_16_MATCH)]^C^C_matchprop
ID_Erase     [_Button("Erase", RCDATA_16_ERASE, RCDATA_32_ERASE)]^C^C_erase
ID_Copy      [_Button("Copy", RCDATA_16_COPYOB, RCDATA_32_COPYOB)]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_copy,^C^C_copy)
ID_Mirror    [_Button("Mirror", RCDATA_16_MIRROR, RCDATA_32_MIRROR)]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_mirror,^C^C_mirror)
ID_Offset    [_Button("Offset", RCDATA_16_OFFSET, RCDATA_32_OFFSET)]^C^C_offset
ID_Array     [_Button("Array...", RCDATA_16_ARRREC, RCDATA_32_ARRREC)]^C^C_array
ID_Move      [_Button("Move", RCDATA_16_MOVE, RCDATA_32_MOVE)]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_move,^C^C_move)
ID_Rotate    [_Button("Rotate", RCDATA_16_ROTATE, RCDATA_32_ROTATE)]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_rotate,^C^C_rotate)
ID_Scale     [_Button("Scale", RCDATA_16_SCALE, RCDATA_32_SCALE)]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_scale,^C^C_scale)
ID_Stretch   [_Button("Stretch", RCDATA_16_STRETC, RCDATA_32_STRETC)]$M=$(if,$(eq,$(substr,$(getvar,cmdnames),1,4),GRIP),_stretch,^C^C_stretch)
ID_Trim      [_Button("Trim", RCDATA_16_TRIM, RCDATA_32_TRIM)]^C^C_trim
ID_Extend    [_Button("Extend", RCDATA_16_EXTEND, RCDATA_32_EXTEND)]^C^C_extend
ID_BreakSele [_Button("Break at Point", RCDATA_16_BREAKATPT, RCDATA_32_BREAKATPT)]^C^C_break \_f \@
ID_Break     [_Button("Break", RCDATA_16_BRE2PT, RCDATA_32_BRE2PT)]^C^C_break
ID_Join      [_Button("Join", RCDATA_16_JOIN, RCDATA_32_JOIN)]^C^C_join
ID_Chamfer   [_Button("Chamfer", RCDATA_16_CHAMFE, RCDATA_32_CHAMFE)]^C^C_chamfer
ID_Fillet    [_Button("Fillet", RCDATA_16_FILLET, RCDATA_32_FILLET)]^C^C_fillet
ID_Explode   [_Button("Explode", RCDATA_16_EXPLODE, RCDATA_32_EXPLODE)]^C^C_explode
ID_LAYFRZ    [_Button("Layer, Layer Freeze", RCDATA_16_FRZLAY, RCDATA_32_FRZLAY)]^C^C_layfrz
ID_LAYOFF    [_Button("Layer Off", RCDATA_16_OFFLAY, RCDATA_32_OFFLAY)]^C^C_layoff
ID_LAYISO    [_Button("Layer Isolate", RCDATA_16_LAYISO,RCDATA_32_LAYISO)]^C^C_layiso
MM_LAYUNISO  [_Button("Layer Unisolate", RCDATA_16_LAYUNISO, RCDATA_32_LAYUNISO)]^C^C_Layuniso
ID_LAYDEL    [_Button("Layer, Layer Delete", RCDATA_16_LAYER_DELETE,RCDATA_32_LAYER_DELETE)]^C^C_laydel
ID_Line      [_Button("Line", RCDATA_16_LINE,RCDATA_32_LINE)]^C^C_line
MM_1608      [_Button("Circle", RCDATA_16_CIRRAD,RCDATA_32_CIRRAD)]^C^C_circle
MM_1607      [_Button("Arc", RCDATA_16_ARC3PT,RCDATA_32_ARC3PT)]^C^C_arc
ID_Pline     [_Button("Polyline", RCDATA_16_PLINE,RCDATA_32_PLINE)]^C^C_pline
ID_Pedit     [_Button("Polyline Edit", RCDATA_16_PEDIT, RCDATA_32_PEDIT)]^C^C_pedit
ID_DrawordeB [_Button("Draw Order, Send to Back", RCDATA_16_SN2BCK,RCDATA_32_SN2BCK)]^C^C^P_ai_draworder _Back ^P
ID_Appload   [_Button("Load Application...", RCDATA_16_LOAD_APPLICATIONS,RCDATA_16_LOAD_APPLICATIONS)]^C^C_appload