Drawing Settings

EMS_0525

When you open the drawing setting dialogue box from the toolspace>settings tab. If you go to object layers tab. At the bottom there is a check box that says "immediate and independent layer on/off control of display components" Anyone know what that means? Does it mean if you have the alignment layer set to C-ROAD-ALIGN and you turn it off the alignment turns off, no matter what the alignment styles layers are set to? :? Wondering if i want to check it or not.

Another question, well more of opinions.

Does anyone use prefix's and *- like we did in land desktop to label things... im finding my company doesnt have nearly enough of layers. Just like in land desktop if all the alignments are on the same layer and you want to turn one off your screwed, so we are trying to get the prefix's in the mix of all the styles.... there are settings inside of settings inside of settings... inside of layers.... :cry:

From Help...

Immediate And Indpendent Layer On/Off Control Of Display Components Specifies whether object display is controlled by layer visibility.

• Selected: Object components on a layer are turned off when you turn off the layer.
  • Cleared: Object components on a layer are not affected by layer On/Off settings.

I would suggest experimenting with it to see what happens

J1.jpg