quick scale question with lisp or macro

chelsea1307

I currently use this code to scale things (have different buttons for different scales) It scales select object at the point it was selected. I want to be able to choose multiple objects and the point at which to scale (as you can see the number im scaling by is not one that i want to have to type in every time which is why just the scale command will take forever I have a lot of roomnames and number to scale from 11 7/16" text to 9" text usually these are done with blocks and my code works for that just not when you need to select multiple things to scale around a specific point) any help would be great... the code i use now is below

*^C^C_scale \ @ .786885245;

This may do it, but not sure what point it scales around when you select by window, or multiple picks (last pick?).

*^C^C_select;\_scale;_p;;@;0.786885245;

they arent blocks and that was my problem, usually they are a block for our roomnames but not this time. my code scaled them from the point i picked but since they arent blocks that didnt work because they needed to retain approximate spacing from other info, but carlB's code worked great