Relationship between fonts and distances

ewan_m

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to determine a relationship between a piece of text, its width, its height and the space it takes up. The intention is ultimately to draw a box around the text, see if there are similar boxes within its extents (crossing selection) and then flag it as an overlap between two pieces of text.

The problem I seem to have is that most of my fonts are not evenly spaced from letter to letter. e.g. LINE

Does anyone have ideas about how to ascertain individual character width for each style without going through them manually, or better yet does someone have an easier alternative to achieve the same end result?

the subr Textbox will return the LL and UR coordinates of a piece of text (if it's rotated, it'll return the coordinates as if it weren't rotated). You can determine the width and height from the coords.

Little known command "Tspaceinvaders" will determine if there is a overlap of text.

Ahh, cheers for the quick reply. We use Munsys on the front end and so don't directly work with Autocad objects, that said for my purposes they are just an explode away ;)