Undo/redo

Organic

I can undo commands fine using Crl-Z or UNDO. However both me and a colleague cannot redo commands. We've tried Ctr-Y and REDO and neither work. Always says nothing to redo or something to that effect.

i use the Up-arrow - that returns the commands on the commandline for you, by hitting it repeatadly you can go way back.

i use the Up-arrow - that returns the commands on the commandline for you, by hitting it repeatadly you can go way back.

I do both this and if i'm not sure how far bak in command history i

need to go i hit F2 and scroll my way up the command history.

The other warning here is that REDO MUST immediately follow the Undo command. As soon as you invoke any other command,the REDO function will be lost forever... And as indicated earlier, you only get one go at it so be careful with your UNDO's in the first place!!!

Hey, Don't pick on Autodesk - they put in UNDO and REDO back in the days when we were running DOS on a machine that was limited to 640K of memory (yes, not even 1 MB!!!) and you had to swap Floppy disks to get to the command you wanted. We were limited at that time to around 5 Undos and 1 redo - this function was in the software before anyone else had even considered it (yes, before Microsoft too). R14 (I think) was the point where they gave us virtually unlimited Undos, but still the single REDO. You can most certainly ask the question why REDO hasn't been increased since then but I reckon it's just one of those Autodesk oversights that we users haven't complained about as a group???

For History sakes, when I started using CAD, it was on a high end $100,000 CAD workstation where you actually had to be psychic and predict you could possibly make a mistake with the next command and you saved your workspace. Then if it went pear shaped you could open your last saved workspace. Make a mistake and you didn't save your Workspace, you were a goner.

Next, AutoCAD at $3K and XT Computer at $4K - Party time - UNDO for this price!!!