Dimension style text line spacing factor

This one bugs me from time to time; I can't find an answer in ACAD help, the DXF reference, or Teh Interwebz. Is there a system variable that controls the current dimension text line spacing factor, similar to how TSPACEFAC controls it for MTEXT?

I know it is possible to modify existing dimension text (DXF group code 41 of dimension entities), but what would be the equivalent system variable for specifying text line spacing factor for the actual DimStyle?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uddfl

• Lee Mac

• lpseifert

• MaxwellEdison

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if DIMTAD is what you're after?
No, it's not that. It's whatever is equivalent to TSPACEFAC for MTEXT (Vertical spacing factor between two lines of text).

No, it's not that. It's whatever is equivalent to TSPACEFAC for MTEXT (Vertical spacing factor between two lines of text).

Ahh, DIMTAD was the nearest I could think of. - Don't think there is an equivalent :(

Ahh, DIMTAD was the nearest I could think of. - Don't think there is an equivalent :(
Me neither, after doing some searching. Wouldn't that be interesting if in fact there isn't a way to set it with the dimension style, but you can only modify it by object?

Dimgap maybe?
Nope. DIMGAP is a relationship between the dimension text and the dimension line. I am talking about the relationship between two stacked lines of dimension text.

You can alter it through DXF 41 of dimensions.

Maybe use a LISP to alter it?

Valid ranges for DXF 41 on dimensions are 0.25 - 4.00

Correct. But this only applies to dimension ENTITIES, not the DIMSTYLE TABLE, as I said in the OP. And It's no problem to modify the dimension objects, I already have that LISP.

I want to know if there is a way to apply it to a dimension style or not... the point being that ideally, I wouldn't want to have to update existing dimension whose texts are stacked. I'd like it to be a property applied to the dimstyle from the start. Otherwise every user has to remember to modify the dimensions they have put stacked text on.

This can be treated as a yes/no question, as long as I can get it documented.

Okay, I'll shoot...DIMDLI?

**Edit** I reread your post and I realize this is in no way what you are after...move along folks...nothing to see here.

Correct. But this only applies to dimension ENTITIES, not the DIMSTYLE TABLE, as I said in the OP. And It's no problem to modify the dimension objects, I already have that LISP.

I want to know if there is a way to apply it to a dimension style or not... the point being that ideally, I wouldn't want to have to update existing dimension whose texts are stacked. I'd like it to be a property applied to the dimstyle from the start. Otherwise every user would have to remember to modify the dimensions they have put stacked text on.

Ahh, good point, sorry I strayed from the OP... :P

Ahh, good point, sorry I strayed from the OP... :P
No problem. You've gotten the closest and have been the most helpful so far.

BTW, I am perfectly fine with a "NO, YOU CAN'T" answer as long as documentation is provided.

I think you should be looking for a System variable that actually relates MTEXT and Dimension Text.
I think you have a point, since dimension text is handled by AutoCAD in a similar fashion to regular MTEXT. But it's kind of obscure... I'd like to be certain of whether this variable exists or not.

And I need to get a life, too.:D