title block

Barry Stone

Hello,

I am trying to insert an image into a title block(or a title block onto an image). Can't seem to figure this out. Do I need to somehow make the title block into a viewport? I have made a title block template(I think), but I can't seem to make the image and title block as one.

Thanks

BRS

You do not actually describe the method you tried to use.

Consult AutoCAD Help files. Look for the topic Image Command. Click on the Procedure tab. It will instruct you on how to attach an image.

Are you working in model space or paper space? Just curious.

You can also search the CADTutor website. This question has come up several times before.

Are you trying to make the image part of the titleblock, e.g. company logo?

If so, I think you'd be better off making it autocad entities (by tracing...). You'll save yourself headaches in the long run.

• 1 month later...

I think by "image" his means his autocad drawing. I'm having a similar problem - I have a title block, and I can't seem to get my drawing to fit on it and still keep the same scale. I tried copying and pasting, but it doesn't paste....

Hello,

I am trying to insert an image into a title block(or a title block onto an image). Can't seem to figure this out. Do I need to somehow make the title block into a viewport? I have made a title block template(I think), but I can't seem to make the image and title block as one.

Thanks

BRS

Some basics:

Your title block needs to be done entirely in ModelSpace.

If you want this to be a template simply saveas and change the type of file to .dwt, see pulldown box near the bottom of the saveas dialog.

For inserting an image into a file you use the XREF function, pick the upper left icon to see choices beyond .dwg, one of them will be for images.

Write back and give us more information on what you are attempting.