Configured Heidi driver cannot be loaded

MikeP

Why do I get this message every morning? "the configured Heidi driver cannot be loaded. Switching to default software driver." This happens every morning. My computer and autocad stays on overnight. What is happening throughout the night?

Heidi Driver.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tiger

• ReMark

• MikeP

• nikki66

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know when it happens - beacuse it happens to me, it's beacuse your screen saver gets going.

That's not the real reason, I admit, but I have searched and search for this answer, never found an answer - so I beg you, please come back here if you find the solution!

I know when it happens - beacuse it happens to me, it's beacuse your screen saver gets going.

That's not the real reason, I admit, but I have searched and search for this answer, never found an answer - so I beg you, please come back here if you find the solution!

Maybe, if we turn off the screen saver. I mean I work on my comp 90% of my day, and I turn off the monitor when I go home. So it almost seems pointless to have it on.

My guess is it has something to do with the display driver. There are two Heidi display drivers: Heidi Software and Heidi OpenGL. Are you using a 3D graphics card utilizing OpenGL? What graphics card are you using? Do you have an AutoDesk Subscription?

MIke, can I ask what you are working on? The files that you have, are the 3D by any chance?

THe reason I ask is because I used to have this happenening to me all the time, but then it stopped and I'm trying to figure out what the difference is. And the only thing I can think of is I was working on a 3D construction at the time - and since that was done, I can't remember this happening anymore.

Had the same problem here a while ago, this is the response I got from Acad support dated Jan 25, 2008.

Thank you for contacting Autodesk Support. It appears that this is being caused by Google Desktop. Development is aware of this and it looking into the specific cause and a permanent resolution.

In the meantime, please confirm that you do have Google Desktop installed. If you do not, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting. If you do have it installed, please uninstall it, reboot your machine and confirm that it resolves your issue.

MIke, can I ask what you are working on? The files that you have, are the 3D by any chance?

THe reason I ask is because I used to have this happenening to me all the time, but then it stopped and I'm trying to figure out what the difference is. And the only thing I can think of is I was working on a 3D construction at the time - and since that was done, I can't remember this happening anymore.

95% of what i do is in 3D.

and no i do not have google desktop

No, no Google Desktop for me either.

HAv you tried just having AutoCAD on, but a blank file?

ill give it a shot

I guess you're both hard of hearing.

Are you using a 3D graphics card utilizing OpenGL? What graphics card are you using?

So far my searches regarding the error The configured Heidi driver cannot be loaded..." have yielded various answers to the problem. They are, in no particular order:

Download and install the latest Service Pack.

Reinstall DirectX from the product CD.

Try switching from Direct 3D to OpenGL via 3DConfig, Manual Tune button.

Switch to software graphics.

Update your graphics card drivers to the latest versions.

Turn off hardware acceleration. Exit AutoCAD. Open AutoCAD and turn hardware acceleration back on.

Possible conflict with Netmeeting's remote desktop sharing. Disable this feature (in reference to Mechanical Desktop).

Choose your poison.

Personally, if either of you have AutoDesk Subscription I'd recommend getting on the horn to them and file a tech support request. That's one reason why you 'pays yo' money' as the man says.

I guess you're both hard of hearing.

Are you using a 3D graphics card utilizing OpenGL? What graphics card are you using?

now that you mention it, yes, I have felt a bit of a tightness around the ears lately, aren't you suppose to have cotton in there? o:)

I have no idea what graphic card I have, except that it's one from the list og Autodesk approved ones. And I switched from OpenGL to DirectX a bunch of times while I was having this problem, it didn't matter.

The point is that I don't have the problem now, it never showed up again when I stopped having a 3D-model on the screen.

• 1 year later...

having the same problem just started today. never saw it before and working on same job i have been working on for a few days?

everytime i open drawing states heidi driver cannot be loaded.switching to default driver.

i had google chrome unloaded that no google desktop installed.

nikki66

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all having trouble with civil 3d 2010 again... Running windows xp -plot and get fatal error and close drawing. Help help help........thanks nik

• 2 months later...

This is a very strange error indeed. We have just upgraded our machines several weeks ago (performance wise as well as CAD software Building Systems 2006 to MEP2010) and until this morning I had only had this error, maybe twice on my upgraded machine. Now, this morning, I seem to get this error with every drawing, including those that I have opened in the last few days, without error.

Facts:

-None of these have been 3D drawings (simple Xrefs, linework, blocks, etc.)

-One of the first things I did after my PC upgrade was turn off the screen saver (still shows as off)

-This seems to be about as fresh of a MEP2010 install as I can think of, being only a few weeks into this install.

-No Google Desktop on this machine

P.S. I'm guessing iTunes is somehow causing this.. (that software is the devil)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Set the system to a earlier restore point. This restore the settings to an earlier day and cancel out the new changes you made.

Setting the Restore point_

Start> accessories>SystemTools>System Restore.

Hope this helps.