Array in Dynamic block

MvdS

I've got a dynamic block that can be stretchted both ways (left and right). There is also an array that let appeare more products when the block is stretchted. I want that the array is in the middle of the stretchted beams, so that both sides near the array are the same.

How can I fix this?

The dynamic block is in the attachment, so you can actually see what I mean.

hekwerk (frm).dwg

I don't have AutoCAD at home so can't look at the block. Do you have separate distance parameters for left and right or a single symetrical parameter?

Either way you need 2 array actions, the left 1 with a -distance setting (I think). If Max doesn't come along :wink: I'll try and look tomorrow.

I'm developing a reputation :). I'll try and take a look at it, wrapping up a project of my own right now so I may not have time.

Looks like I won't get a chance to check it out today. I won't be back in the office until Thursday so I'll give it a look then if Dave can't tackle it tomorrow (his logic seems on target to me though).

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, this now has 2 Blocks - 1 that has the arrayed item in the middle and one that has it equally spaced either side of the midpoint. You will need to locate it by its midpoint and stretch out each end for them to work.

Unfortunately AutoCAD doesn't support 'linked' parameters quite yet to be the same size automatically. Watch out for AutoCAD 2010 as the ability to link them and apply an equation to them...

Let us know if this is what you're looking for...

hekwerk (frm) AlinOz.dwg

I had going on with my dynamic block and it seems I got a solution, I will post it in a couple of hours. Maybe some of you can use it too.

I should have posted my solution, but I didn't because the solution is useless. I have choosen to make an array by hand after stretching the dynamic block, because the distance between the colums is variating with the width.

Perhaps 2010 may provide the solution you're searching for as it has the ability to apply Parametrics. This may be able to alter your array size/s according to predefined criteria.

Hope that will work for your specific needs

I should have posted my solution, but I didn't because the solution is useless. I have choosen to make an array by hand after stretching the dynamic block, because the distance between the colums is variating with the width.

I've run in to a similar need. the biggest problem is that the column width can not be edited outside of the block editor. Dynamic blocks have always been such a tease to me, they seem to have so much potential, but are always missing that one piece to make them a truly great solution for your needs.