Convert 3D model to 2D drawing

Rubicon

Does anybody know how I can convert a 3D ACAD line drawing model into a 2D line drawing.

I have to share a drawing with somebody and I want them to see a projection of my 3D model onto a 2D drawing so that I do not divulge the IP developed with the drawing.

Thanks

....I want them to see a projection of my 3D model onto a 2D drawing ....

Thanks

Why not set up orthographic views in PS and plot to PDF or DWF?

When you are in paper space it will be necessary to set up some viewports. I suggest that you select the option Four: Equal. This will give you the four "standard views" most people use to depict an object. That would be a top, front, side and isometric. I also suggest you set the visual style to 3D Hidden. Finally, once the views are established you should decide on a scale and make sure each viewport is scaled the same (unless you want to intentionally scale the viewports differently). Your output should look something like this:

Standard views.jpg

Without any dimensions and no scale bar to be seen it becomes just a pretty picture to share.

Layouts are printed at a scale of 1:1.