Why oh why can't I turn on the sky

Bill Tillman

I have no idea what to do next. I cannot set the sky with illumination. In fact I can't turn the sky on at all. I have checked and LIGHTINGUNITS are on, that is I've tried 1 and 2, even setting it to 0 to see if that would kickstart something then back to 1 and 2. But no matter what I try, the Sky Properties Status continues to show off and it's shaded and I cannot even open up the choices for it.

Can anyone tell me why AutoCAD 2009 would be doing this?

Sky-Of1f.jpg

Yes, the sun is switch on and the default lighting is turned off. I've read the docs until my eyes hurt and cannot seem to find what's up with this. The sun choices will not even open up so some variable somewhere has to be holdimg this thing hostage.

Perspective view resolved the issue. But the sky in the renderings is just a dull grey color. I don't know it that's the graphic card limitation or if using a background would improve the asthetics. What's a real ***** about this is no where in the AutoCAD Help menu does it mention that Perspective must be turned on before the Sky will work.

Welcome to the world of Autodesk HELP!

I tried that today as well and didn't like the dull color so I just used a photo as the background. Worked beautifully. Here's the photo I used.

Could you elaborate a little more. How did you apply this picture to the drawing background? Also, I checked out some of your videos on You-Tube. Is there no audio with them, because all I got was video, no sound.

They are silent cadd video's.:D

I created a named view and there was a place in there to assign an image/photo file as the background. I then applied that named view in a viewport. Very easy.

• 7 years later...