trim extend 3d objects

sureshkumarks1

You can change the size of a 3D solid using the 3D editting commands such as Slice, Move Faces and Offset Faces. For your particular situation I would recommend the Move Faces command. However, without seeing the object you are working on consider my best guess.

Trim and extend will not work on a 3D solid.

What's up with the audit question? Are you experiencing a problem with a drawing?

SOLIDEDIT

Faces:

Extrude

Move

Rotate

Offset

Taper

Delete

Copy

Color

Undo

Edges:

Copy

Color

Undo

Bodies:

Imprint

Separate solids

Shell

Clean

Undo

No trim and no extend available.

However, in the course of constructing the basic geometry of a solid then those two commands could obviously be used. But you know that already.

thanks alot, the other question is "how we can create a land using surface command(edge surf).what we need to drw that?

"how to create a land using surface command (edgesurf)..."

Are you talking about creating a 3D contour map? I think it could be done using the Spline command for the contours themselves. The contours would have to be located at 0 on the Z axis and then moved to their actual locations in the Z axis. Once the contours are in the correct location you would have to use a line to connect (make sure to use Osnaps) the endpoints of the edges of the contours keeping in mind that edgesurf requires a four-edged surface. I'd recommend setting surftab1 and surftab2 to something like 40 and 4 respectively. As long as you always select two adjacent contours along with two edges you can systematically sequence through all the contours, creating meshes, until you are done.

One last suggestion. As the meshes are created move them to a separate layer that is turned off. This should make it easier to choose the next set of contours you're working with.

Sureshkumarks1, welcome to the forum.

Please start a new thread for any unrelated questions. I have moved your last question to it's own thread HERE since it has nothing to do with your original question, or with 3D.

I think you mean Inteference Checking right?

This tool allows the user to select two solids or groups of solids and it will check to see if there are any inteferences between the two. It will tell you how many such inteferences are found and delete them upon closing the command if you so desire.

This command could be useful for checking for inteferences between two pipes in a complex piping run for a chemical plant for instance. We wouldn't want to discover this in the field as it would be time consuming and costly to fix.

• 7 months later...
I think you mean Inteference Checking right?

This tool allows the user to select two solids or groups of solids and it will check to see if there are any inteferences between the two. It will tell you how many such inteferences are found and delete them upon closing the command if you so desire.

This command could be useful for checking for inteferences between two pipes in a complex piping run for a chemical plant for instance. We wouldn't want to discover this in the field as it would be time consuming and costly to fix.

Yes sir, and to go one step furtur, a way to trim would be to keep the duplicate interfering items. Use 'subtract' in the boolean options. this makes for a nice process to trim 3d objects.