Bundle of unknown type of scales

Joan_Ray

Hey can any one help me with this?

Whenever I go for setting a scale for my viewports, i see a list of many scales that were not seen earlier

like 1:100_xref, 1:100_1, 1:100_16.

any one can tell what this _xref and _1, _16 refers to.

thanks

joan

Not sure, but my guess is that they have been saved to either the drawing you are working to or are in your template - and that they are custom scales.

everytime you import a new x-ref, all of that drawings scale comes along with it, and is shown in the scalelist like that.

You can go SCALELISTEDIT and choose Reset to remove all the unwanted scales.

I've solved it with a toolbarbutton with a macro that looks like this: ^C^C-scalelistedit;R;Y;E;

It's a very well known issue with 2008. If you use lots of xref's which in turn have xref's you can up having a list of scales that becomes so long that it causes fatal errors. I know, I've been there. I've seen scalelists with over 1500 scales.

There is no cure for it but to do what Tiger mentioned.

I would recommend that you add the forementioned macro to your start.scr

or acad.lsp so that it gets cleaned up whenever openingen a drawing. If you can't do that or don't know how to then the only recourse is make a toolbarbutton and remember to use it often.

I haven't thought about adding it to acad.lsp - thanks for that Peter :)

however, I know that this happens everytime I insert a new X-ref, so sometimes I need to hit the button several times while I have a drawing open.

This is really confusing when we see number of scales in the list and cannot select the desired. The best way here is to type command "SCALELISTEDIT" and click to reset. This will certainly remove your all unwanted scales from list and give you minimum default scales needed. Also, you should be aware that whatever scales you customized while working, that too get lost from the list so make it sure before resetting.

Tom

• 3 months later...
everytime you import a new x-ref, all of that drawings scale comes along with it, and is shown in the scalelist like that.

You can go SCALELISTEDIT and choose Reset to remove all the unwanted scales.

I've solved it with a toolbarbutton with a macro that looks like this: ^C^C-scalelistedit;R;Y;E;

:shock:This worked perfectly for me.

I had a button that brought up a dialogue window but this little macro is totally awesome.

Thank you:D