Elipse to polyline?

Rob-GB

Hi hope someone can help. On Autocad 2008, I am trying to extrude a window section but am unable to convert the partial elipse moulding to a polyline to enable its extrusion. :unsure:

As I am currently short of work I thought I would use my time to try and get to grips with 3D, normally only have to use 2D for work, though I aspire to the great examples of 3D seen on here.

Thanks for any help.

Rob.

The variable PELLIPSE should be set to "1". It is probably set at "0" (the deafult). This setting creates a true ellipse object. A setting of "1" creates a polyline representation of an ellipse.

Thanks ReMark.

I will have a go with that, I tend to leave everything on default settings and until now it has been okay. 3D has some quirks of its own doesn't it?

Regards Rob.

You could also convert the linework to a region with the BOUNDARY command, it's very helpful for turning quick sketches into closed geometries for 3D work.

Presspull will work on a true ellipse an closed area formed by part of an ellipse and does not require a closed polyline or Region entity.

In fact Presspull can be used to "extrude" an area with a boundary comprised of a mix of arcs, polylines, lines, and splines. See the tutorials in my signature.

Thanks for all the replies. Had another go at the drawing and sorted all the timber sections into polylines. It will make the task much easier now :D .

fuccaro great lisp routine, I read the whole thread. Don't know why it did not show up when I ran a search for ellipse threads before posting?

Rob.