CADTutor is moving!

CADTutor

Advanced warning of down-time

As this site and particularly this forum grow bigger and busier every day, there comes a point when we need a bigger place with more space and resources and room to expand in the future. Currently, the site is hosted on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) and we are getting close to capacity. So, sometime within the next 2 weeks, the site and the forum will be moving to our very own dedicated server. This will provide bags of room for future expansion. However, it also means that there will be some down-time on the forum. Possibly one or two days while the move takes place (or hopefully less than that). I aim to co-ordinate this down-time so that it happens over a weekend but I will keep you informed using this thread.

(hope the move goes better than most of my 'upgrades' etc; there is ALWAYS a problem:oops::oops::oops:- but i assume you are a professional IT man for whom such things never happen:roll::roll::roll:)

keep up the good work

are there going to be any additional changes when movin to our own server?

Nothing you'll notice although in theory things should be a little quicker but whether you experience that will largely depend on the quality of your broadband connection.

So it's really just a move to a bigger clubhouse and no programming changes. Sounds fine to me. I'm sure this is done all the time without any problems. What could possibly go wrong? Right?

i just got comfortable here:shock:

whats a new adress?

Ad far as I understand, and I do think CadTutor would have said if it was something else - the site is just moving to a new server, but the domain is still the same.

As far as I understand, and I do think CadTutor would have said if it was something else - the site is just moving to a new server, but the domain is still the same.

That's correct, there will be no obvious change. This was just a forewarning of some down-time next weekend. More details soon. **regrets even mentioning it**

That's correct, there will be no obvious change. This was just a forewarning of some down-time next weekend. More details soon. **regrets even mentioning it**
For some people, the mention of downtime is like discussing turning off a life-support machine :lol:

For some people, the mention of downtime is like discussing turning off a life-support machine :lol:

wait. you mean.. CadT is not the meaning of life? :? :roll: