Project Sok

Sietseboskma

Hello,

My name is Sietse

Im from holland, and im 18 years old :roll:

and im going to.. well im going to try to make a 3D

Boat in Autocad 2007 and afterthat im going to make it.

Well I can use every kind of help, so please comment on my plans/drawings

Lets start! o:)

8.jpg

First picture:

Its just a start

:oops:

Progress so far:

7.jpg

I thought you're making a real boat not a toy

nice start :wink: but

there's always google, tray it you'll find some great details

size of the boat, any rooms , if you only have that sketch and want to draw exactly , you should quit when you still can o:)

you re making you one boat

first tray with hull of the ship

this is the thing tray make this http://www.guillemot-kayaks.com/Building/StripBuilt/Aleut/Offsets.html

start simple, tray to make this one first at the top, you now autocad but need to now something about kayak frst

at the top http://home.clara.net/gmatkin/design.htm

Hey Came,

Ur right, :oops: But sinds im kinda new with 3D drawings I think ill just

make this one for fun and for learning the Cad commands

And after that ill start drawing a real boat.

3.jpg

Another picture! I made it from the sketch:oops:

tray a simple kayak I had post above

you wont learn anything drawing that thing, draw 3-5 kayak

learn with them, frst there was kayak, then with sails then a sub

You're making a sub right now, good luck :D

Haha :roll:

Ok ill try those links u gave me, thanks! :lol:

Even tho my self esteem dropt by 70% :(

Well Im going to bed..

See you guys tomorrow! :wink:

I think it would be wiser to start with something a little less complex and work your way up to the boat. Just a suggestion. Welcome to the CADTutor forum.

Sounds like an ambitious project! I would certainly start with some easier to get used to commands or you are liable to overwhelm yourself with it.

Autocad doesnt have as much control over shapes like other packages do but you can still create a great model. I would play around with making the ribs of the boat and using them to loft your hull. I drew one cross section, copied it 3 times and scaled down the two ends by 75% and lofted this(then used the solidedit>body>shell command)

For something like this you will also want to play around with sweeping and lofting curves along paths and use these surfaces as slicing tools.

boat.jpg

Thanks Shift1313 u helped me alot!

Little update :oops: I threw away the sketch and made a side/down/under view. Now im going to make the.. Don't know how you call it in english :P ''spanten'' in dutch.

by the way, Im not really good at english, so if you see me writing misstakes please tell me :roll:

4.jpg

Hey there! Started again, kinda tired.. been a long day at work lol.. :glare:

So far I drew some of the ''casco''? of the boat

Going to bed again.. 7 hours sleeping and back to work again :(

Last picture of today

6.jpg

are you working with several different sketches ?

you can do this a few ways. You can take your top view of the boat, making sure its in the same plane(xy plane) extrude this so you have a big block. Go to your side view and take your line for the bottom of the hull, extrude just the line(will create a surface), then use SLICE>Surface and use this surface to slice your solid boat hull. you can do this from all angles, extruding, sweeping or loftings curves to create surfaces to "slice" away from that original solid block. This will let you create some geometry that will be difficult otherwise. Also you can concentrate on drawing the boat from the centerline and mirroring it, this might help as well.

What is the yellow set of boxes on the right?

Im from holland, and im 18 years old [/quote]

Are you still a student?

Students can download the latest Autodesk 3D modeling software for free from http://engineersrule.org

I don't think I would spend too much time as an 18 year old learning AutoCAD. It isn't really suited for what you are trying to model anyhow.

Litlle update on the first post!! :o

'''

you can do this a few ways. You can take your top view of the boat, making sure its in the same plane(xy plane) extrude this so you have a big block. Go to your side view and take your line for the bottom of the hull, extrude just the line(will create a surface), then use SLICE>Surface and use this surface to slice your solid boat hull. you can do this from all angles, extruding, sweeping or loftings curves to create surfaces to "slice" away from that original solid block. This will let you create some geometry that will be difficult otherwise. Also you can concentrate on drawing the boat from the centerline and mirroring it, this might help as well.

''

I think i know what u mean shift, but Could u explane it a bit easier? sinds my english is not that great :oops:

Alright, I drew these real fast to show you what i was talking about. Keep in mind i did not lay anything out before hand so the actual shape of the boat may be a little off :)

The first picture shows the Top View of the boat extruded into a solid.

The second picture shows my slice plane. For this i just used an arc and a straight line, joined them using the PEDIT command, and used the EXTRUDE command to make it a surface. Then SLICE, select the boat and use the Surface option.

The third picture shows the layout of my second slice plane. There is a V using two arcs(joined using PEDIT) and a curve running the length of the hull. I used the SWEEP command, selected my V and use the curve on the bottom of the hull as my path.

The fourth picture shows both pieces of the hull after the slice and the slicing plane.

The fifth picture shows the hull after using the SOLIDEDIT>BODY>SHELL command.

i was/am in a hurry so let me know if you want clarification on any of that and ill try to explain it better.

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

boat5.jpg