Plotting to PDF

nicnicman

My boss has asked me to send him a pdf version of a floor plan I have recently done. The plot preview appears good but when I open the pdf, the drawing is off center.

I'm using dwg to pdf in autocad 2008

Attached are screen shots of the plot preview and the resulting pdf.

Thanks for any suggestions.

plotpreview.jpg

pdf.jpg

Have you installed the service pack for 2008? I think it addressed this issue along with many others or there was a hotfix. Have you checked the AutoDesk website?

Successfully installed the service pack but it didn't seem to fix the issue. Also tried reverting back to a 2007 version of the pdfplot9.hdi file as was mentioned in other forums.

Neither solutions worked. Although I have had some success with a program called PDFCreator. It centers nicely but the only 36" x 24" paper it seems to have is actually 24" x 36" so the floor plan is rotated 90 degrees. I guess this isn't a huge issue because you can just rotate it in Adobe.

If anyone has any other suggesions, please let me know.

Successfully installed the service pack but it didn't seem to fix the issue. Also tried reverting back to a 2007 version of the pdfplot9.hdi file as was mentioned in other forums.

Neither solutions worked. Although I have had some success with a program called PDFCreator. It centers nicely but the only 36" x 24" paper it seems to have is actually 24" x 36" so the floor plan is rotated 90 degrees. I guess this isn't a huge issue because you can just rotate it in Adobe.

If anyone has any other suggesions, please let me know.

Often it pays to lose yourself in all the custom print settings etc. Just change one thing at a time, and make a note of the changes made.

There may need to be an act of reconciliation with the actual plotting device. But this area isn't my specialty.

• 2 months later...

I just had what appears to be a similar problem and fixed it in the PDF. In the "Documents" drop-down menu for the PDF, click "Crop Image..." and then check the "Remove white margins" box. That fixed it for me.

Use extents rather than layout option when printing, pick fit to paper. See if that works. If it does then use that or modify the title block size to work with the layout limits.