www.cben.net

td88

I went here: www.cben.net and wanted to download landscape blocks. As well as I can tell, in order to view the blocks before you download, you need a plug-in called Volo View. I could find nothing telling me where to get this plug-in.

Do I have it correct? If I download Volo View will I be able to preview the blocks before download or do I have to download to see the blocks? Any ideas where I get Volo View?

Thanks

I just went to Autodesk to download VoloView and they say Volo View is obsolete after 2009, replaced by Design Review. Can anyone tell me, if I download Design Review instead, will Design Review allow me to preview the blocks in cben.net?

You can still download VoloView here: http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/download.asp?fileID=175

VoloView will allow you to preview the blocks before you download, but some of the files either don't have previews or the preview doesn't work, so it's kind of hit and miss.

Boy, Cad64, either I really don't understand how to use cben.net (and I don't) or it 's really a mess, or both. I click on Trees/Plan and I get everything, chairs, autos, the kitchen sink, etc., and some of it's in elevation, go figure.

I know you're a CAD heavy hitter, where do you go when you want nice looking (plan view) trees, which are easy to preview. I went to Design Center, while in Autocad, and the selection is very limited. I would have thought this territory would have been well travelled by now, even though I haven't travelled it before.

Thanks,

td88

:lol: Yeah, it's a bit of a mess over there. I don't know who maintains that site, but I don't think they really check what's being uploaded. Some of the stuff I've found on there is really ridiculous. Some of it looks like it was drawn by a 6 year old and some of it is just plain stupid. There are some nice plan view tree and shrub blocks on there though. You just have to keep digging.

The blocks I use are the ones my company has been using for years. I don't really go looking for more, because we already have a library of blocks that our bosses have approved.

• 3 years later...

If like me you find cben very hard to use you could try http://www.cadblocksfree.com - All of their blocks have very clear thumbnails which is great for viewing the blocks before you download. I hear that they may also be getting into providing Revit and Sketchup blocks aswell as 2d / 3D CAD blocks so watch this space.

If like me you find cben very hard to use you could try http://www.cadblocksfree.com - All of their blocks have very clear thumbnails which is great for viewing the blocks before you download. I hear that they may also be getting into providing Revit and Sketchup blocks aswell as 2d / 3D CAD blocks so watch this space.

I heard that cadblocksfree was a spam site.

but they have a loyal following. In the six months CADmandoDesign has been here he has posted THREE times, and each time recommends them.

It could be something to do with their buisness model...

Download this FULL Collection of AutoCAD Titleblocks in .dwt format. This template comprises A0 Landscape, A0 Portrait, A1 Landscape, A1 Portrait, A2 Landscape, A2 Portrait, A3 Landscape, A3 Portrait, A4 Landscape and A4 Portrait. Receive a 20% discount when you click and share through your social media network. You can also become an affiliate of CADBlocksFREE.com by promoting our products on your site and receiving a percentage of sales made through your promotional efforts. Just click the 'buy now' button for more info.

Edited by dbroada
spelling