Copy Paste Scale issue

I have a set of drawings originating from another office.

Having problems trying to copy from one tab in the dwg to the next using Shift+Ctrl+C.

command line says:

'Unit-scaling inserted database...Specify insertion point:'

The entities come in 1000 bigger in the new tab, I tried to WBlock it out and reinsert it in the new tab but still had the same issue. Units all appear correct. Everything appears to be in mm but as far as I'm aware this should be irrelevant as this is all contained in this dwg.

Any ideas?

Are you copying from the Model tab to the Layout tab? And does the LAyout tab contain a Viewport with the scale 1:1000? I'd use the command CHSPACE instead, while in the active viewport on the Layout tab, that way things get copied with the correct scale.

I'm in paper space and trying to copy between tabs, even if I try and copy/paste from and to the same tab it causes the same issue.

A quick fix is type 'scale' after it says:

'Unit-scaling inserted database...Specify insertion point:'

and then type '0.001'

but it's still very strange why this is happening.

hm. I have no idea if it would affect this, but checl the variables INSUNITSDEFSOURCE and INSUNITSDEFTARGET, set them to 0 if they are something else - does it help?

i had the same issue in C3D, the drawing units were set to inches, and i was working in feet. i changed the units to feet and problem solved.