AutoCad LT 2008 problem

Kristijan

I have problem with autocad 2008 LT...

When I install the program it won't start at all.

I click on the desktop icon and nothing happens...

Please help.I need this program for school...:cry:

nothng happens what so ever? are you sure you installed it correctly?and have a good enough system to run it? space/graphics etc?

re-boot and try again

I have good computer that can run the program.I have reinstalled the program several times but always is the same thing.The program won't start.I click on the icon and nothing happens...

I have good computer that can run the program.I have reinstalled the program several times but always is the same thing.The program won't start.I click on the icon and nothing happens...

Try using the Start > Programs > AutoCAD option, it sounds like the AutoCAD shortcut is not looking in the correct location. Also right click on the shortcut and check the Properties values Target and Start in, try the Find target button and point that to the new AutoCAD exe file.:)

• 5 months later...

Good afternoon.

This behavior is happening on one of our hosted virtual servers running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I have reinstalled CAD and the installation log shows a successful install. I have rebooted. All of this has not changed the behavior, which is a lack of CAD launching when either the shortcut, Programs link, or executable is invoked.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Bert at FM:Systems

Are these fully licensed copies of AutoCAD? Not student versions or 30 day trials that have expired? I ran into a problem where I tried to install a trial version on a system that had previously (before my employment) had a trial version installed. If I recall correctly, the install went fine, but upon clicking to launch, I got rapidly spun through the revolving door back out on the street (back to windows). Just a thought.

Glen,

Thank you for your reply. This is a licensed copy of a CAD OEM product that my company sells. For all practical purposes, it is AutoCAD 2006 LT with a VBA application pre-installed and some functionality removed.

We will be rebuilding the virtual machine this weekend, so that should solve, Lord willing.

But if anyone has ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks again,

Bert Dreifuss

FM:Systems Technical Support