O-snap problem

One of our Acad Mechanical 2008 users is trying to use the distance command to measure a line. He can't snap to the end-point even though end-point is checked in his o-snap settings. An even stranger thing... he is snapping to nearest, even though nearest isn't checked in the o-snap settings! Any suggestions?

One of our Acad Mechanical 2008 users is trying to use the distance command to measure a line. He can't snap to the end-point even though end-point is checked in his o-snap settings. An even stranger thing... he is snapping to nearest, even though nearest isn't checked in the o-snap settings! Any suggestions?

It sound like you are snapping to the apparent intersection. Its symbol is very similar to nearest but it has a small box around it.

This normally happens when two objects intersect but have different elevations

Try checking the Z value of the startpoint and endpoint's under properties

Regards,

-Jammie

I did check the Z value, and it is zero, so the entities are on the same plane. I am now suspicious of our distance command icon. When I type the command at the command prompt, everything functions like it should. I think we may have some issues with the actual button. Is it possible that it could have been customized improperly?

Command line says - dist.

I did check the properties of the button and found that it is listed in a company specific source and next to "macro", it says ^C^Cdist;near;\per; . This leads me to belive that it is customized not to snap to the endpoint. I added the stock Acad dist button, and it works fine. I'll check with our main CAD guy in Europe tomorrow to find out more about his intentions.