Determining the angle between two lines

Organic

I wish to determine the angle between two lines (that meet). I know how to do this manually, although does AutoCAD have a buitl in command similar the DI command maybe, or can someone recommend a LISP? Thanks

From the command line it's DIMANGULAR.

I have a custom keybind for it (DA) since I use it just as often as I use D for Dist (boy oh boy do I get annoyed with my collegues workstations where D is Dimstyle :x)

I have a custom keybind for it (DA) since I use it just as often as I use D for Dist (boy oh boy do I get annoyed with my collegues workstations where D is Dimstyle :x)

Dimstyle would be one of the last things you would want to change... :P

Tiger, you really should organise yourself with a migratable profile :wink:

Nah, I just change D to DIST on every comp I can lay my hands on :thumbsup:

Nah, I just change D to DIST on every comp I can lay my hands on. :thumbsup:

Does this confuse the unknowing? Or, do you leave 'em a sticky note? :twisted:

Does this confuse the unknowing? Or, do you leave 'em a sticky note? :twisted:

I doubt that any of them ever have used D DImstyle, or even that they'll use D for Dist...but I usually don't change stuff without them knowing...usually o:)

go into DIMSTYLE (as in DI :thumbsup:) and change the Precision (under Primary Values) value to ..well, something else..I'd say 0.00 but I'm a decimal chick :P

go into DIMSTYLE (as in DI :thumbsup:) and change the Precision (under Primary Values) value to ..well, something else..I'd say 0.00 but I'm a decimal chick :P

It might be a bug with my version, but if I want to display 12°15'35", I have to choose the Precision of 0d00'00.0" :(

• 2 years later...

i know DIMANGULAR command will let me draw a dimension to display the angle between two lines, but is there a way for my commandbar to show me what the angle is rather than draw a dimension?

I often want to simply know the angle but not display it in the drawing, and it'd be good if there was a command/lisp which showed me in the commandline area, or perhaps a pop up window, similar to what the TLEN lisp does here:

www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/tlen.lsp