Data extraction removal

deo06

I ran a data extraction on a large file so I could get a count of blocks in my drawing for cost estimate purposes. I no longer need the .dxe file, but I can't purge it from my drawing's XREF list. I deleted the table from the drawing and the .dxe file from the folder it was saved in and have tried to detach the .dxe from the drawing, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I appreciate any help I can get!

This suggestion was posted at the AutoDesk Discussion Forums:

"Selecting everything using Ctrl-A and pasting it into a new drawing will allow deletion of the link (dxe file)."

I cannot tell you for sure that it will work so try it and let us know the results.

I have the same problem and I tried ReMarks suggestion.

Onlly different was that my Data ectraction table was visible, so I deselected it after I selected all other objects then copied into a new drawing, then it disappears from the XREF list.

But when the table is deleted in the original drawing, It still shows up in the XREF list, then It does follow to the new drawing with this suggestion.

This bothers me when I send my drawings to other people.

So I guess the solution so far is to make the table visible and select all but deselect the table, and then copy everything to a new drawing

// Tobias

I guess the issue I have with this solution is that my drawing is over 1 MB, almost 2. The files I'm working with are pretty complicated (up to 15 xrefs) with multiple layers locked, frozen, etc., and my fear is that doing CTRL+A and copying to a new drawing will cause problems.

Thanks for your help, though. I'll keep it in mind next time!